So, my usual way of testing out a new piece of gear, is to find a MIDI file of a song that I know that has a useable drum track, and use those drums through Superior 2.0, and track bass/guitar over top. Needless to say, I got a little carried away this time There's no lead guitar on this right now, as I don't know most of the solos
This is just 2 tracks of rhythm guitar, both with the same signal chain:
PRS SE 245 (stock) -> Line6 HD500 (cab sims off) -> Amplitube 3 (just an Orange 4x12 sim) with some EQ/tape sim in the mix.
Bass is my Jazz Bass V into Amplitube 3 (Orange Thunderverb + 8x10) with the usual mix stuff. The strings are pretty dead, so I tried the slap-the-shit-out-of-them technique, and it definitely improved the sound
Playing is sloppy as fuck in places, because I couldn't be bothered to go back and fix it again
Hey, listening again today on speakers instead of headphones, with my ears not completely dead, my quick mix isn't as terrible as I thought