Metal Guitarist Forums banner

YT: Another amp demo. JVM410H this time, metal rhythm and lead tones.

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Mattayus 
#1 ·

You know the score, same format as the rectifier vid, but a slightly different flavour, and some lead tones this time! \,,/

#3 ·
It IS a solid Megadeth impression. :lol:

Definitely prefer the sound of the Recto to this, based on personal taste. Every modern marshall I've played has that dry, hairy, crackly sort of high end to it, I'd heard these were different but it doesn't really seem radically so from the DSL/TSLs...

#8 ·
It IS a solid Megadeth impression. :lol:

Definitely prefer the sound of the Recto to this, based on personal taste. Every modern marshall I've played has that dry, hairy, crackly sort of high end to it, I'd heard these were different but it doesn't really seem radically so from the DSL/TSLs...
Put down the crack-laced booze, homey! That ain't Megadeth-like. It's got Pantera's stank all over it.

This is an old tune, eh, Matt? From when you were perhaps a little less aware of your influences showing through (or maybe you were, but just lived with it, which is furry muff).

Edit: ok, got to the solo. They're right, it goes pretty Megadeth, then a bit Symphony X, too. Haven't heard that bit before.

Whatever it's like, it's great! Solo fucking ruled, by the way. And the riffing after it is excellent. :shred:

#4 ·
Man, I dig those tones. That pissed off Marshall snarl is there in spades with plenty of modern chunk too.

#6 ·
Yeah, they both sounded great but I like the Marshall better.:yesway:

#16 ·
The Marshall has definitely got a smoother type of distortion, but I absolutely love the grit that comes from the boogie. It's also got the more "true" tone of the two inasmuch that it sounds like it actually sounds in the room (those are practically my live settings, except I don't use the screamer and I roll the bass off a bit). The Marshall on the other hand has to be dialled in very differently. I totally dominate the live mix too (the JVM is the other guitarist's in my covers band). Im so much more audible even at lower volumes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.