Exporting midi to wav from Cubase

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Exporting midi to wav from Cubase

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

Exporting midi to wav from Cubase

I have some midi stuff (DKFH, synths) in my cubase files, but when I tried to export a song as a wav file I didn't get any of the midi stuff. So, how do I do it, or do I just have to play the song into an external recording device?

ME: Custom Ibanez RG7620
    Rig: Ampeg Reverberocket

I'm not sure how it works in Cubase but whenever I want to export audio files from Sonar Cakewalk 7 I first control select all of the tracks I wish to export and then chose the format in which I want to export them i.e. wav., mp3 etc.. Perhaps the files aren't exporting because you simply haven't designated them for file format.

ME: 90 RG570
    Rig: Digitech GSP2101

do you have a vst instrument set to the midi channels, or are you trying to use general midi? whenever i use midi in cubase(always for drums, though i've used it for other things) i've always had a vst instrument assigned to that channel.

ME: RG7620
    Rig: Spidervalve and 1960A Cab

As long as you have a MIDI channel's out set to a VST, exporting an audio mixdown should work fine. GM will never export because it is just information (think of MIDI as a piano roll and a VST as a piano).

Solo the MIDI channel and hit play. If it plays GM sounds, you don't have its out set to a VST. If it does play things through its VST, you might want to check what out the VST is being sent to if you're using multiple output buses.

If you want GM to export, what I do is have whatever the source of GM run into the interface and hit record. IE my GM plays through a Soundblaster card and I have that running into channels 15/16 of my Firewire mixer.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

Ah, that'd be why the midi stuff didn't come out, it was GM that I tried to export. I have to confess that was pre DKFH, but I just assumed that since it was midi based I'd have the same problem. I'll give it a try