My new release - "Europa, Rise / Overgrown Paths"

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: My new release - "Europa, Rise / Overgrown Paths"

ME: "Ice" Explorer
    Rig: Engl Fireball 100

My new release - "Europa, Rise / Overgrown Paths"

Hello guys!

I've just released a brand new, two-track "double single" of sorts and would love for you all to check it out.

As with my previous releases, these songs were performed, recorded and mixed entirely by myself using Toontrack EZMix and EZDrummer, straight into Reaper.
    This takes a hell of a lot of work, so any and all support is greatly appreciated; please do give it a thumbs-up and comment if you like it!

Musically influenced by Metallica, Burzum, the Gothenburg sound, and epic soundtracks. :-)

https://youtu.be/JzRcg7c9kmk
    Stand and fight, and we will rise!

Europa, Rise / Overgrown Paths:

https://youtu.be/JzRcg7c9kmk

https://JoshDelikan.com/

ME: Ibanez RGD Prestige
    MB: LTD Surveyor
    Rig: Diezel Einstein

I'm spinning this right now. I like the lead guitar stuff and I think your description of influences is pretty accurate. The way you transitioned from Megadeth lite- I mean Metallica... and Burzum works well. You did it in quite a subtle, smooth way. I can't really comment on the mix as I'm listening through laptop speakers but it sounds pretty good from what I can tell.
    However, on the flipside, I do think your clean vocals could do with a bit of work and the Metallica influence is very obvious, so I think maybe you could have put a bit more of your own identity in it. Also, I read the lyrics and I don't know what your political views are but the text of 'Europa, Rise' could come off as a bit shady, what with current events. I'm not going to make any assumptions but people can make interpretations and assumptions, potentially landing you in a bit of shit.
    Btw, 18 posts and already plugging your music is a bit
    The above comment may or may not be about Morbid Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by BStobart View Post
    I'm spinning this right now. I like the lead guitar stuff and I think your description of influences is pretty accurate. The way you transitioned from Megadeth lite- I mean Metallica... and Burzum works well. You did it in quite a subtle, smooth way. I can't really comment on the mix as I'm listening through laptop speakers but it sounds pretty good from what I can tell.
    However, on the flipside, I do think your clean vocals could do with a bit of work and the Metallica influence is very obvious, so I think maybe you could have put a bit more of your own identity in it. Also, I read the lyrics and I don't know what your political views are but the text of 'Europa, Rise' could come off as a bit shady, what with current events. I'm not going to make any assumptions but people can make interpretations and assumptions, potentially landing you in a bit of shit.
    Btw, 18 posts and already plugging your music is a bit
    Hey man, thank you for listening and I appreciate the constructive and polite criticism! I'm glad you like the music.

My clean singing is the bane of my musical life and I'm working on improving it with each release! At the moment I'm definitely in Hetfield-mode as I get more and more used to using my own voice. Lyrically that song is indeed a pissed-off rant against the recent Islamic terrorist attacks throughout Europe. Some may view it as a little "politically incorrect" but hey, what is metal if we can't express ourselves, eh?

As for the 18 posts thing... well, I'll get working on that! :-)

4. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RGD Prestige
    MB: LTD Surveyor
    Rig: Diezel Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Delikan View Post
    Hey man, thank you for listening and I appreciate the constructive and polite criticism! I'm glad you like the music.

My clean singing is the bane of my musical life and I'm working on improving it with each release! At the moment I'm definitely in Hetfield-mode as I get more and more used to using my own voice. Lyrically that song is indeed a pissed-off rant against the recent Islamic terrorist attacks throughout Europe. Some may view it as a little "politically incorrect" but hey, what is metal if we can't express ourselves, eh?

As for the 18 posts thing... well, I'll get working on that! :-)
    Aha, I know what you mean mate. Although you're probably far better at cleans than I am. I'm borderline tone deaf
    I thought that might be the case, and without politically derailing the thread, I don't think I disagree. However, some of the ways you phrased things gave it a bit of a Britain First-ish vibe, what with the talk about "The land our fathers fought and died for" " Ancestral pride is in our eyes ". Don't get me wrong though, Metal is meant to be edgy and offend thin-skinned people so that's not a worry, I just think it gives a certain portrayal of your views.
    Glad to hear you're getting involved more, mate. You've got cool riffs and your guitar is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by BStobart View Post
    Aha, I know what you mean mate. Although you're probably far better at cleans than I am. I'm borderline tone deaf
    I thought that might be the case, and without politically derailing the thread, I don't think I disagree. However, some of the ways you phrased things gave it a bit of a Britain First-ish vibe, what with the talk about "The land our fathers fought and died for" " Ancestral pride is in our eyes ". Don't get me wrong though, Metal is meant to be edgy and offend thin-skinned people so that's not a worry, I just think it gives a certain portrayal of your views.
    Glad to hear you're getting involved more, mate. You've got cool riffs and your guitar is stunning.
    Haha, it is a struggle; I'm definitely more of a guitar player than a singer. The goal is to get my clean / softer singing up to scratch by the time I release my first full-length in the winter.

I see what you mean, but I'm certainly no Britain First skinhead type. It's written more from the broad perspective of all of Europe; our collective history, heritage and culture. :-)

Thanks again mate, I really appreciate the feedback!

The guitar is indeed stunning. Sometimes she sleeps in bed with me... <3