Got a track off my upcoming album remastered..

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Got a track off my upcoming album remastered..

ME: Ibanez S 540 Ltd
    Rig: Bugera 333XL Infinium

Got a track off my upcoming album remastered..

Well, my buddy (ie, the vocalist in my regular band...also does the "vocals" here lol..) & I've had 10 quirky grind tracks ready to go since the end of 2015, a label release lined-up for next year on a decent grind label from the Czech Republic & some cool cover artwork that's being worked on right now.

We'd had the tracks mastered a while ago (I'd posted a couple of tracks before in a thread here), but I've always thought they could sound better....so I asked the guy who masters my loop pedal improv/shreddy stuff on fiverr.com to give one track a try and he came up with this (below) ...which I think sounds pretty cool and is an improvement (to my ears at least)

The whole album (10 tracks/46 mins) was recorded on my Loop pedal (RC-3 clone) & mixed in Audacity in less than a month so I'm not looking for the ultimate in hi-fidelity ..plus, it's grind (with some doom & 'toon-type creepy stuff thrown in) & I prefer rougher/more organic productions anyway (ie...not the typical super-crisp/compressed modern thing). The older masters were cool too but sounded a bit 'dull' on my stereo especially ..this one's a bit livelier I think..

New Master... (intro ends/track starts @ 1:38)

A previously mastered track..

Not really a huge difference..but it's there..

..just wondering if anyone else think it's worth remastering the remaining nine tracks....or just stay with what we've got?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" ~Mark Twain

Youtube

ME: Ibanez S 540 Ltd
    Rig: Bugera 333XL Infinium

wow ...too close to call huh?

After some thought, we'll probably go with remastering them all.. it's close but it's still it's an upgrade I think