hal sinden (vocals) & joe butterworth (drums) from interlock have formed a new band since the split. both have experience as signed artists and have toured the UK & US extensively as well as having performed at european festivals, with a number of internationally distributed releases to date. the new band sees hal transferring to vocals & guitar and joe playing the new oil tanker-size drum kit from his recent mapex endorsement. also recruited are rick from akrylic spike project on keys / samples and duff from no heroes on bass. talanas is based in london, although several members travel in from outside the capital.
STYLES / INFLUENCES
- influences include: gojira, morbid angel, aborted, meshuggah, jeff loomis, behemoth, stam1na, mudvayne, porcupine tree, akercocke etc.
- there is existent material which is currently being developed but input at this stage is very welcome
- the general style is progressive death metal (sound also includes clean vocals, keys & samples)
CURRENT / FUTURE PLANS
- the band have a slot each week at berry street studio in central london from friday 6pm until saturday 9am, this includes practice space, storage and full use of recording facilities
- currently, practices run from 7pm until 10pm every friday
- recording for first promo is penciled for jan '09 at berry street with production from nathanael underwood (dam, candlelight records)
- label negotiations to follow with managerial representation from eulogy media ltd.
- 1st album to be recorded ASAP
- touring tentatively scheduled for early summer '09
- own equipment essential, but currently there is an amp available for practice at the studio
- 7 string guitar (tuned as D standard with extra low A string)
- ability for leadwork preferable
- strong stage presence
- regular funds for upkeep of studio (this is an equally shared cost amongst all members)
- time / practice commitment (things are flexible at this stage, but will inevitably tighten)
Fuck. Move to America, dude.
EDIT - and move to a new forum.