Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NGD (Midi Controller content)

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  eleven59 
#1 ·
Well, I didn't want an M-Audio unit, but I grabbed this for $160 on the way home today and it actually does work the way it's supposed to. (I've never had much luck with MA stuff).

They had an 88-key version for ~$30 more, but it was just too damn big for my desk. This is the Keystation 61es:

M-AUDIO - Keystation 61es - 61-Key Semi-Weighted USB MIDI Controller

No problems at all setting it up. Plugged it in, loaded the piano VST, it works. The two blue lights on the left side are octave up/down. Then I loaded up DKFH, and it worked out of the box with that as well.

Good stuff. :yesway:

See less See more
#3 ·
I had the 88es and it was absolutely massive :lol: I traded someone for a 49e straight up (he needed bigger, I needed smaller, both were in mint shape, and their prices new aren't far enough apart to make it worth asking him for cash :lol: ) and I love it. Exactly as you described. You plug it in, it works. And they look really good next to the new iMacs :lol:

#4 ·
Do you know if you can disable the velocity on this thing? I'm tappin' out some drums and I'd rather let the software deal with it after the fact - I just want it to put ze beat in ze box for now.

Edit again, actually after the below edit: Looks like I need to disable the velocity curve in my software.

Edit: Also, you have a lot of black t-shirts dude. :lol:

#5 ·
Do you know if you can disable the velocity on this thing? I'm tappin' out some drums and I'd rather let the software deal with it after the fact - I just want it to put ze beat in ze box for now.

Edit again, actually after the below edit: Looks like I need to disable the velocity curve in my software.
Yeah, I was just going to say that'd be a software thing. Doable, but I don't know specifically how :lol:

Edit: Also, you have a lot of black t-shirts dude. :lol:
:rofl: Yeah. I'm adding more non-black shirts lately, as well as most of those shirts are XL, and I'm down to an L now :yesway: But yeah, black shirts, mostly because a lot of them are band shirts and most band shirts are black :lol: Now I tend to only buy a black shirt if I just love the shirt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.