New PC Build: The Monster

6K views 59 replies 25 participants last post by  Kagami 
#1 ·
Have these parts:
ABS 1100 Watt PSU
6x Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC Reg
2x Intel Xeon X5675 3.06GHz hex-core
2x Noctua NH-U12DX
5x Akasa 120mm x 25mm Viper PWM Fan (ordered for chenbro case...)
SPARKLE GeForce GTX 570
ASUS 24X DVD Burner
NZXT Phantom White (stormtrooper case)

Currently awaiting these parts:

Tyan S7025AGM2NR 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16 mobo

5x SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM

The case is kind of gaudy but it's awesome for the price. I think I'll have the most expensive computer in the case too :nuts: Also I have no idea why I am building this, my G34 rig kicks ass already and I ordered 32GB for it too :lol:

See less See more
#13 ·
32GB RAM is something I could do with right now when trying to render scenes in 3DS Max! :lol:

#15 ·
Have these parts:
ABS 1100 Watt PSU
6x Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC Reg

Currently awaiting these parts:

2x Intel Xeon X5675 3.06GHz hex-core
Tyan S7025AGM2NR 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16 mobo
2x Noctua NH-U12DX
5x Akasa 120mm x 25mm Viper PWM Fan (ordered for chenbro case...)
5x SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM
SPARKLE GeForce GTX 570
ASUS 24X DVD Burner
NZXT Phantom White (stormtrooper case)

The case is kind of gaudy but it's awesome for the price. I think I'll have the most expensive computer in the case too :nuts: Also I have no idea why I am building this, my G34 rig kicks ass already and I ordered 32GB for it too :lol:
Better pick up a forklift if you ever have to move that beast :lol: I bet it will end up weighing over 80 pounds

You should do a step-by-step picstory when you build it :agreed:

#21 ·
Ok newegg packaging officially sucks ass, these are going back. Let's count the drives out of the little plastic thingies...umm...5? yeah not good. :noplease: I don't know what they were thinking putting 5 disks in a box for 20.

The graphics card, dvdrw and case came in separate boxes which were not damaged or packaged by a moron.

#35 ·
...well this one has 24GB not 32GB that is my server. lol

I'm migrating my current desktop/server's server portion over to a new fanless atom box. Also burning in the new box, running F@H on all 24 "cores" (HT) and the GPU. They are hot as shioooot (cpus=62-70C and GPU=71C)

#37 ·
Should have bought one of these instead:

"the CPU, both GPUs, and the motherboard all come liquid-cooled. Upgrade options include up to two six-core Intel Xeon X5680 CPUs, two 1,000-watt power supplies, and up to four graphics cards. All of that is, of course, impressive, but the real innovation comes along the bottom edge of the system, where Origin has built in a liquid-cooled Xbox 360 Slim."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.