Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Anyone making accurate Universe pickguards? or is there accurate CAD around?

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  dpm 
#1 ·
Blaargh. I need a custom pickguard for the ol' UV again, and I'm not cutting it with a band saw and smoothing the edges by hand this time!

Are any of the after market UV pickguards accurate? Screw holes, outline etc. I'm fussy about that stuff. Otherwise, is there an accurate CAD drawing around? I don't mind CNC'ing if I can find a good file. The ones on projectguitar aren't good enough.

Have a dancing alien :leon:

#3 ·
Cool, thanks. I'd seen the Jeannie stuff listed on ebay but hadn't read anything about how good they are. How's the fit around the neck pocket and trem? Is yours AANJ or square heel? I can handle repositioning screws a little, that's pretty much normal with pickguard swaps.

#4 ·
You know, I've never, ever heard anything goof about Jeannie Pickguards. It's still the first name that pops into my head when I hear 'Ibanez pickguard' but I then think of the endless number of threads back in the day of things not matching, neck pockets being wrong, too many screw holes, wrong pickup configurations, the entire thing accidentally being left handed...

:lol:

#5 ·
lol yeah, I've read bad things about them and pg paradise. To be fair, I know for a fact there can be big variations in pickguards on guitars that should be identical. I once did a pg swap for a guy between two identical strats - same model, same year, just different color guitars and different color pickguards. Not one screw hole lined up :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.