Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NPUD!

Tags
npud
964 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mattayus 
#1 ·
I wasn't really feeling the D'Activator in my RG, as it spends most of its time in standard tuning doing rock and classic metal covers, and the ultra-focused/tight nature of the D'activator felt a little out of place and 'pointy'. Ideal for downtuning and in darker woods though, very metal. It also felt wildly unbalanced with the Air Norton S that's in the neck position.

After putting the feelers out for a trade, some pasty-eating cretin crawled out the wood work and offered me this...

Behold.

BKP ceramic nailbomb :agreed:

I never thought I'd end up with another BKP after I was left a little cold with my last experience, but it's definitely a step in the right direction in terms of what this guitar needed. It's warmer, bigger low end, more pronounced mid range, and rolled off in the highs (but still has plenty of cut).

Colour me happy.

...Until I sell it.

Or the guitar.

Or my wife and child.

See less See more
#4 ·
The D'Activator is indeed an awesome pickup, and still my favourite passive for tight focused metal. And this was indeed a winner for me as Mark clearly has no understanding of value, and that I've essentially sent him 2 batteries duct-taped together in return.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.