Metal Guitarist Forums banner

WEEEEE new phone....meh

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  343 
#1 ·
I finally broke down and got a new phone. HTC One.

After 3+ years my old phone was actually still working fine (Incredible 2) but my wife's Galaxy was having battery issues. It basically wouldn't hold a charge very long...

So off we go to the Verizon store... $150 plus $30 upgrade fee - $50 rebate ($130) OH HELL NO

Debated going with a new account at AT&T - they didn't have any of the phones in the store ("we can order one and send it to your house")
NO NO NO I could have just done that online... Plus the price wasn't all that great...

Ahh Bestbuy to the rescue - black Friday (was actually on Saturday) on sale for $30 SOLD!

As for the phone itself

I like it - not a huge fan of the blinkfeed but sense 5.5 is going to give you the option to kill it (or I could just use apex launcher and squish it).

The camera is leaps and bounds better than my Inc 2.

Call quality seems a lot better.

The speakers on this rock. I never imagined that a phone could have decent speakers. Beats Audio huh? Seems like it works pretty well.

Battery life seems pretty decent. Presently the phone has been on for 4 hours and change and battery is at 95%. I did some texting, checked email, weather and blink feed a few times...

Now for the negatives
no removable battery. A few years ago this would have been a deal breaker for me but after owning my samsung tablet for a couple of years now (and never having to remove the battery from it) I decided it was a non-issue.

no upgradable storage (I already have 9 gigs of music on it - not a ton of space left...

will Verizon update the OS to 4.4 (4.3 is coming this month...)

See less See more
#7 ·
derp I actually got the 32 meg version not the 16 :lol:

so i have lots of space left

another note

My wife wanted the blue version (only sold at best buy) they only had one left and wouldn't you know it the screen was messed up on it (so they had to do a return and then exchange for a new one)

She was a bit bummed that she had to get plain old silver but I told her to shut her piehole since she would end up putting a cover on it any way :rofl: (or she would have got "tired" of the blue)

#9 ·
cool vid thanks for posting _ I wasn't sure if it was hardware or software/eq. At any rate it does make stuff sound pretty good.

I actually tried the phone out with beats on and off (external speakers) and it roundly kicked the shit out of any other phone speakers I have heard before.

You can enjoyably listen to music from this phone without headphones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.