Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas Rangers fan dies trying to catch ball

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

Texas Rangers fan dies trying to catch ball

Texas Rangers fan dies trying to catch ball - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Almost a year after a similar incident, tragedy struck again at a Texas Rangers game Thursday night when a fan fell over a railing while trying to catch a ball.

The fan, who was not identified, flipped over the railing of the outfield seats. He fell about 20 feet -- crashing head-first into an area near a scoreboard as his horrified son watched.

The man was rushed to a hospital where he died, the Arlington Fire Department said.

"We're very heavy-hearted about this," said Nolan Ryan, legendary former pitcher and Texas Rangers CEO and president. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family."

Major League Baseball officials said the incident occurred in the second inning of the game at Rangers Ballpark after star outfielder Josh Hamilton threw a ball in the stands for fans.

"I think as any of us would be, Josh is very distraught as the entire team is," Ryan said.

Another fan who was sitting near the victim saw him leaning over the rail. The second man tried to grab on to the victim's shirt, but could not hold on.
    The fall, captured on video footage, shows the victim's son -- decked in a Rangers hat and t-shirt -- reaching towards his father as the man tumbled over the railing.

One fan who saw the fall described the incident to CNN affiliate WFAA.

"Just as the ball hit his hands, it kind of threw him off balance and he went head-first," he said. "It looked awful because you knew there was no way he was going to land on his feet "
    The incident occurred almost a year after another fall at a Texas Rangers game.
    Wow. That is just awful.

ME: none
    MA: Seagull!
    MB: None.
    Rig: Hd500->V300->Mesa 212

Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Fuck, you think they would have installed some netting or something after the first one...

ME: Warmoth Tele
    Rig: Axe FX II -> Carvin PM12A

I heard about this - they said on the news second time this has happened this year - first I believe was at the Rockies stadium. So sad.

"I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth." - Oliver Reed

"America blaming BP for the oil spill is like a man punching a prostitute in the face because his own needs disgust him." - Stewart Lee

ME: 90 RG570
    Rig: Digitech GSP2101

It's really surprising there is no netting there...

ME: Camo COW7
    Rig: Behringer GM108 15W

The Industrialist

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|‹berschall

What a shame, terrible.