MA: C.F. Martin & Co. D-18
    MB: 68' Fretless P-bass
    Rig: SD9>Yamaha UD>FenderAmp

Tour de France 2013 crashes, shenanigans, and kerfuffles

Stage 1 Winners:
    1. Marcel Kittel (Ger) Argos
    2. Alexander Kristoff (Nor) Katusha
    3. Danny van Poppel (Ned) Vaconsoleil

The shenanigans of the day involved the friggin' Orica-GreenEdge bus getting wedged under the banner of the finish line with the pelaton screaming towards it at 56km/hr (35mph) with only 8km to go....

Absolute ridocracy ensued. You've got a super pissed off bus driver, and a bunch of Tour Organization assholes in khakis telling him to just pull through. Derp! It would have been like opening a can of bus.

So they all look at it for a minute, then start getting on their phones and what do they come up with? Lets move the finish line 3km closer...

Okay, so they warn the riders. Everyone starts wigging out because they need to be in certain positions and that causes...A CRASH! This thing takes out Cavendish, Contador, Sagan...

Then, they move the bus by letting the air out of the tires and backing it out.......NOTIFY THE RIDERS! Cause they're going to undo the finish line back to the original point...

Guys start sprinting with their team to get the the 3km early finish line because the missed the memo of the original finish now being the new old finish...haha. You know where this is going...holy hell.

So guys just die out of energy before finishing. It was like seeing someone slide to home base with their hand out but just not having the velocity to reach the plate.

In the end, the organizers announced that everyone involved in the crash that took out Sagan and Cavendish will be given the same time as the finishing no gap.

Good race. Totally entertaining.

Stage 2 Winners:
    1. Jan Bakelants (Bel) RadioShack Leopard
    2. Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale
    3. Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team

Jan rode a great race. His first win as a Pro rider. Everything worked. He timed everything perfectly and hit his mental NOS button and took off at just the right moment, and then held the gap until the end.

You dont win races taking off on your own tho. 6 riders or so all banded together and took off creating a gap. I dont remember the teams that had the alliance, but I know Sylvain Chavanel was in there cause it was his birthday. But Jan just blasted off like I said at one point, and it looked like everyone just thought "what the hell is he doing?.........OMG! We're going to lose!!", and THEN took off after him.

Oh! Favorite almost crash of the day goes to this little fellow. Weeee!!
    Hands are the voice...

ME: Jackson DKMGT
    MA: Martin GPCPA5K
    Rig: Mindy the Framus Dragon

Will be watching this with my dad tomorrow. Sounds awesome.