A Football Life: Ricky Williams

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: A Football Life: Ricky Williams

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

A Football Life: Ricky Williams

Anyone catch this?

As a Pats fan, I really didn't know much about him other than he was the guy that kept getting suspended for smoking weed. His AFL is pretty damn interesting, and as it turns out he's a really intelligent, charismatic dude with a great life outlook and a good head on his shoulders.

If you get a chance and have nothing better to do, it's one of the better ones I've seen.

ME: Gibson SG Special
    MA: Yamaha FSX700SC
    Rig: Fender Deluxe VM

He's a fascinating guy, and a nice one to boot. I think he's actually a genius, and never took well to the "superstar" type persona.

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

Yeah, after watching that I'm inclined to agree. It's rare that I'll sit down for an hour and watch a TV show about someone I could give two shits about, but it was really good. Dude lives his life the right way, and devotes a ton of time and "star power" into helping people. So much cooler than the prima donna shitbags like Ray Lewis who are 100% about themselves.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

NFL Network is serious about these things, actually - I haven't seen that one, but the ones on Namath and Staubach were some of the better documentary TV I've ever seen. Very honest, especially Namath's.

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

NFL films does an excellent job with everything to do, they know all the side stuff is as important as the games when it comes to building the sport and keeping it's history a part of the game. Joe Greene's is excellent, and I'm a big fan of their top 10 countdowns as well. Honestly sometimes their documentaries are more entertaining to me than the game of football actually is (I'm more of a hockey, lacrosse, rugby guy).