Metal Guitarist Forums banner

The videos on Kahler's frontpage...

3K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  Randy 
#1 · (Edited)
Kahler USA, Inc. :: 2010

That David Shankle "solo" and then Kahler apparently doing his Ed Roman impression...
:ugh:

#4 ·
Seconded.

DSG was the big "WTF?" but Kahler's little blurb at NAMM just seemed... I dunno, it was funny that he was poking fun at himself but the whole thing felt forced and outta place.... the newscaster stuff especially. Gimmicky, not in a good way.

#5 ·
Yeah, the whole time during the DSG solo, I was like, "Here comes the chord change and an opportunity for phrasing". Then there was just another tonic drone, no chord change, and thus no phrasing.

But he did go from playing his guitar from efficient position to handicapped position, which is almost as good as adding some phrases in a solo :ugh:

#7 ·
I was looking it up earlier after seeing that video. Looks like it'll be predominantly naked girls and lashings of gore.:lol:

#8 ·
:lol: That solo. If I could play that, it'd be the only thing I ever played at music stores. And that's the only place I'd play it, ever.

...And maybe I'd do it just once. Because man, that makes Rusty Cooley's stuff look like Beethoven. :lol:

#29 ·
:lol: That solo. If I could play that, it'd be the only thing I ever played at music stores. And that's the only place I'd play it, ever.

...And maybe I'd do it just once. Because man, that makes Rusty Cooley's stuff look like Beethoven. :lol:
:lol:

You'd have to play it through a Line 6 Spider with the most delay and reverb you could possibly get out of it. And make sure half the solo is played with your hand over top the fretboard.

#15 ·
Holy shit. At first I was like, oh yeah, this is gonna be hot! But then the solo started, and it seemed to have even less taste than before. I literally couldn't finish it.

Oh, and I like the procedure they filmed on amp/guitar startup.

1) Plug cable into amp
2) Turn on amp
3) Plug cable into guitar

FAIL:pissed:

#14 ·
That solo sounds like game over on every 8 bit video game ever made, simultaneously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.