Tags
trap
3K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Kim 
#1 ·
Sexy new burgundy corner traps for Studio Q showed up today. :yesway:

Clearly this is the optimal placement. :agreed:

See less See more
#8 ·
CHRIS - please note that these are NOT class A fire rated. A spark will ignite them. They are made of the same shit that burned that club down in Rhode Island when Great White played.

I know you're a candle guy, so just keep the open flame away from the traps.

I have a bunch of the same stuff (same color too) in my place. I'm tempted to set one on fire out in the driveway and film it, but I've read reports that when they burn the put off dangerous smoke.

tl;dr: keep fire away from them.

#17 ·
I'm no expert, but I'd have to think a lot of it has to do with the volume level that you monitor at, no?

I have a bunch of bass traps in the room I'm in. The ones directly behind my monitors and the Auralex pads under them certainly seemed to make a big difference, but I'm not so sure the rest of the stuff in the room actually does anything. Behind the guitars are these sonolite panels, and I have 3 of them in here. I had a shitload of extra 1x1 Auralex squares, so I just slapped the two up there because I thought it looked neat.

Auralex SonoLite Panel 2'x2'x1" Black and more Acoustic Treatments at GuitarCenter.com.

I can't honestly say I've noticed a difference, even at loud playing levels, but then again other than my 6505 my whole rig is digital, and since my drums and AxeFx go through wedges aimed at a different wall, perhaps that's part of the reason. (One of these new traps is going in that corner.)

The best thing about the Sonolite panels is that they prevent the guitar body from knocking the wall when I hang it back up. :lol:

#21 ·
Mark, you're going to be so sick of me in 6 months to a year. I just got an offer to buy my dads house for next to no money and I'm planning on building a proper recording room and mixing room...
It'll be in the basement of the garage I'm going to build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.