Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Metro 2033

Tags
2033 metro
2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  483 
#1 ·
So, I know i'm kinda late to the party here, but this game is utterly horrible.

The enemy AI is impossible. They are crack shots at insane distances in the pitch black darkness. You get shot behind solid cover all the time.

Stealth is non existant on this game.

Theres no way to figure out where your even getting hit from most of the time. I have to search for enemys that are shooting me that i cant even figure out where they are.

The aiming on x-box is just horrid.

You cant see a damn thing. Everything is wayyyy too dark and when you get shot, which is every 5 seconds, you have even worse vision.

The vision with the gas mask on is shitty when you start running out of filters. And the filters go wayyy too quick.

The night vision is usless. Not to mention you get about 10 seconds of battery any time you use it.

You have no fucking ammo and what little you have is spent trying to shoot guys that you cant see and cant find.

Alot of you guys talk about this game like its good. Now, its really pretty, and i love the premise of limited supplys and the overall feel of the game, but the game play itself is so difficult because you cant ever see anything and the AI is over the top good, it makes this a broken game.

See less See more
#2 ·
I had exactly the issues youre talking about, except I didn't.

Have you considered turning up the brightness? It's definitely dark, but not unplayably so if configured like the utility in the game. Gasmasks were tough but I always managed. :shrug:

#3 ·
I could cheat it, but i shouldnt have to. And even if you CAN see anything, the AI chews you up the second you stick your head over cover. So much so, that i cant even get a chance to see where its comming from.

I want to keep playing it, but its sooooo frusterating. I go stealth, but an enemy even sees you in the dark, after you blow out all the lighting. I prefer go stealth, but it just wont let you.

#6 ·
I do occationally, (not that i would ever see anything on the ground before i stepped on it). But no, it still sets off the guys the second i move(in the pitch black)

All in all, its a fun game. I went a little overboard on it because it was pissing me off, but everything i said was true.

Unfortunatly, Its drawn me in with the cool atmospherics and beauty of the game that i have to keep playing it. :lol: I'm a masochist.

#7 ·
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind)

You know its supposed to be bright enough to see most of the time lol. The brightness test thing had me turn it way brighter than I thought it was meant to be.

#8 ·
I can see. I just mean that your vison is blocked so often, then the combo of darkness, and the fact when your guy goes into blackness everyone can still see you blows balls.

God forbid you get shot. Your vision goes red and starts pulsing and you cant make heads or tails of anything, in addition to not being able to see whats going on anyway.

The last time I got shot, I didnt see red. I just cryed a little.:lol:

#9 ·
When I first started playing it again last night from my save point, as soon as I started I was bombarded by all enemies (humans) like they were in uber hardcore mode.

Before I quit last time, I had somewhat been through the area and it wasn't like that at all. After I got killed, it was back to the way it was after respawn... Must've been a glitch since they were relentless as hell.

Definitely playing this through to the end.

But some things don't make sense. If it's dark and I can see them, they can't see me. I think that mechanic should change. Just about every game does this though. Might have to bump the difficulty up?

#11 ·
I played it all the way through on PC. It's pretty decent, it's best point was story, graphics and level design/atmosphere. Definitely not gameplay. I felt weapons were a little weird, but stealth worked for me fine. The most pain in the ass enemies are the flying gargoyles.

#16 ·
The game is based on a book with the same title - believe me, the book doesn't have 1/3 of the enemy encounters - they had to add some action to the game to avoid being outrageously boring. The book focuses more on the psychological aspect and the impact of the apocalypse on the underworld society. The new race is only in the background for most of the book.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.