Argh! Which part do I buy?

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Argh! Which part do I buy?

ME: Ibanez RG321MH

Argh! Which part do I buy?

So... I'm currently taking a mechanic to court for fucking up my car, but in the meantime I've decided my brother and I are going to fix my car on our own. I'm buying a fusebox to replace the current one. That should be easy enough, I think that I can do it on my own. Just have to disconnect it from the battery and then uncrimp all the terminals, I think. Just label them and I'm golden. The thing that's throwing us for a loop is this:

Uploaded with

The thing that confuses us is that we know it's a radiator hose, but the thing that's broken is the joint and not the hose. I don't know if it's a whole assembly or what. But, the radiator upper hose and the radiator lower hose show the whole thing in most pages, so I'm not sure what I really need to buy.

So, this is the "upper" Ford Taurus Gates Radiator Hose - 1996-2000 Ford Taurus - Gates W0133-1624435

And this is the "lower": Ford Taurus Dayco Radiator Hose - 1997-2007 Ford Taurus - Dayco DY71936

But they look the freakin same

Let's not take into account all the hoses that don't show any connectors or whatever. I don't want to buy something expecting parts I won't really be getting. What the hell am I trying to buy? My brother is also mystified. His specialty is helicopters

I think all I need is the joint? Connector doohick? I tried to get the part number off that part, but nothing is printed on it and I've been climbing all over the engine looking lol.

It's a 1998 Ford Taurus Comfort SE. Halp please?

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

The thing in your hand, or the red wire with the loom around it?

I think it might be the thermostat housing, but the picture sucks...try posting a better one....

I just looked at the pics the hoses you linked to. Yeah. that thing comes free with the upper hose, I'm almost certain

From the lame pic, it appears to be the upper Y piece (first link). Looks like he broke the bypass spigot.
    "so Mike makes these guitars for all these metal
    dudes and then plays this happy music?" - Erin

ME: Ibanez RG321MH

Wirelessly posted (Shiny New Precious )

Lol okay okay. I'll get a better pic while someone else holds the hood. That's a still from a video. The whorl piece that's surrounded by green. Looks like y.
    I'm guessing it's this upper Y piece thing, though.
    Last edited by Helter Skelter; 05-12-2012 at 03:25 AM.