Not quite the time for a new vehicle, but I've had the dealerships strongly advise leasing over actually purchasing a car.
at a glance:
- option to buy out, finish term or trade up
- extra coverage in case of accident
- fee per km over annual mileage
- damage fees
- lower monthly rate
- no fees for damage or mileage
- higher monthly rate
- you own it, can sell at discretion
I'm sure there's more to both sides, but I'm not fully awake yet.
In the nearly 3 years I've had my car, I have put around 55K on the odometer. The lower monthly rate of leasing appeals to me as I'm trying to be cost effective while making use of the low interest rates available.
I'm curious to know what route people took on their last vehicle, and why.
Wirelessly posted ()
Ask Darryl (Terrorhorse) how much he regrets leasing I don't know if he still does, but back in the days of the old band he did.