Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NEVD! Didn't really plan to do this, but...

Tags
nevd plan
3K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  jim777 
#1 ·
I replaced my 9-year old diesel smart car with… another smart car. Electric Drive.

I hated the newer-generation smarts. The engine taking premium gas to get mediocre fuel economy, and the god-awful transmission made it significantly worse than mine to drive. But the electric drivetrain changes all that.

The range isn't great, but it will probably work nicely for 90% of the driving I need to do. The combination of generous incentives from Mercedes-Benz Canada and their corporate dealer network, combined with a handsome government EV rebate program, made for an absurdly good lease deal. Had a blast on the drive home, and took it down to about 5% charge. :lol:

If you haven't driven an EV yet, you owe it to yourself to try one.

See less See more
#27 ·
It is weirdly quiet, except after i've eaten Mexican.

The acceleration off the line is a riot. Put the "go" pedal to the carpet and it enables what they call "kickdown mode", where it lets you run the motor full out for up to two minutes. It gives you a good shove back in your seat, and all you hear is "WHOOOSH!" with a little bit of electric motor whine in the background.

If you've never driven an electric car, you really should give one a try. 100% of its torque is available at 0 RPM. It's a riot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.