Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Car detail time

Tags
car detail time
2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  jaxadam 
#1 ·
It's that time of year to put some products on the car. Did my truck yesterday, did the wife's car today. But my truck's boring and we don't want to see pictures of that.

In the fall I like to get a good paint sealant on, then top with a carnuba wax. Although it's not technically a sealant, I like Collinite's 845, and top with Meguiar's #26. This combo seems to work really well, and I just like the look of Meguiar's and have been using it for 20 years. Meguiar's #26 also has one of the highest DOI (distinction of image).

So here we are at the final coat of Megs #26.

Here's another shot:

The trick is to let is "gas off" for about 30 minutes. I do this with both the Collinite's and #26. Also, the 845 needs to go on super thin, or else you will get a lot of ghosting.

Here's the final product. Clayed the windshield, applied Rain-X, Tire Wet, Back to Black, the whole 9.

Another angle:

Da Hood:

Chick magnet:

For the interior, I like to use Adam's Polishes products. This is just Adam's Total Interior Detailer. I like it because it is not greasy, leaves a great matte finish, and doesn't look like some 16 year old armor all'd the hell out of your car (although those days were fun watching people slip all over the place).

Another chick magnet:

So there you have it. Anyone else like to detail cars?

See less See more
#7 ·
How does this all usually take? Looking to start doing my work since a decent detail around here starts at $150 and paying that every other month kinda hampers my ability to spend money on unnecessary carbon fiber and titanium bits :lol:

Looks great :yesway:

#11 ·
For the interior, I like to use Adam's Polishes products. This is just Adam's Total Interior Detailer. I like it because it is not greasy, leaves a great matte finish, and doesn't look like some 16 year old armor all'd the hell out of your car (although those days were fun watching people slip all over the place).
I usually go to a local detailer whenever I get home from assignment (finally got a decent job) and get the interior and exterior taken care of. but the last time I went, I opted for leather conditioner and it left a tacky residue where my windshield meets my dash. pretty sure it isn't jizz :jj: since that can be dissolved with water. I think i'll look into Adams, sounds like it'll work.

#13 ·
I'll use Adams as a sprucer upper. For more cleaning action, you could try Einzettes Cockpit Premium. That stuff works great at mildly cleaning interiors.

Detailing my cars here usually is just pressure washing the moss off them 3 times a year. Getting to be about that time.
For you I'd recommend a few gallons of extra strength Simple Green!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.