Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NCD: Matt is an asshole

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  RGhoarder 
#1 ·
Traded in my 2013 ST2 on a new RS2. After Joe and I peer pressured Matt into an st a few years back, Matt now upgraded and got me to do the same. We're actively working on Joe.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
fI had a 13 st2 I traded in. I didn't actually expect to buy the car before going, I just wanted a test drive and they had some killer financing so we went as a just in case. I figured it would be an upgrade, but I didn't realize how much of an upgrade. It's profoundly silly. With drift mode on, I can take a turn in 2 lanes at 65 without getting loose. Even with drift mode on I can barely get it loose still, but thats the hardest I've thrown it (just in town so far) so I'm curious to see how hard you have to toss it at a corner to get it to really kick in. It sticks like hell though. Honestly, at low speeds (up to 45 maybe?) the ST is probably a bit more fun (except off the line where the AWD kicks in). Taking a turn at 40 this is 100% glued while my ST was sliding all over the map (but I always felt like I had excellent control over the STs slides), which made that a bit more fun tbh. Granted, I've been driving this thing waaay out of that speed range; Wifey got it to 120 and I got it to 110 on the test drive, then that night I got it up to about 135, and I've been running around town doing about 60ish most of the time when I'm off the freeway (on the freeway more like 50 because of traffic lol). I have no regrets, especially considering my ST was actually a bit more beat up than I realized (I got under it the morning we went in to clean a few things up, and I think a shop I went to banged it around a bit), and I was about to pony up 1k in brakes, had just ponied up 900 for tires (which i cancelled the order for upon trading in lol), and was really due for a suspension/steering rework. I was a bit upside down on the ST though, especially considering that, and I just rolled that in considering the financing on this one didn't cost me any extra for that.

Theres definitely not a lot of room to work in the engine bay though, holy shit lol.

Next up is a tune. Hennessy is offering an intake and tune to put 388 to the wheels for only like $700 (compared to most dyno pulls seeing around 335ish at the wheels compared to the advertised 350 at the flywheel), but fuck Hennessy so we'll see what other places are offering first. Most other tunes are arouhd that same price anyways.

Fuck yeah. You got the best color too :metal:
Yeah the only colors I would take were this and white (Ford and Tesla make the only nice white's I've seen in recent years). They grey looks amazing at night, but washes out hard in the day, and I dislike black cars, especially in AZ. The blue looks WAYYYY better in person too. There is a shitload of super fine flake in there. When i bought my ST (tangerine scream even though its actually yellow) I actually had done the paperwork and finished up before realizing it was metallic, cause it was inside the dealership (I test drove a red one outside). This one I also didn't realize was metallic at first cause it was in the shade, but this is the one I test drove so soon as they pulled it out I realized.

I've only seen 2 in person besides this one, one was grey at the dealership, and the other I saw maybe a week ago or so out in the wild, also Nitrous Blue.
I'll probably black out the wheels, and get black gel badges for the ford logos/wheel hubs and gel inlays for the RS logo on the wing, along with tint (AZ allows 35%) and lightly tinting the tails.

I also have a Momo nero shift knob to throw in that my mom got me for the ST for my birthday, cause the yellow in the logo 100% matched the paint. That's the one bit of the ST I have left, which was my first ever new car purchase and was how I rewarded myself for getting a good job out of school. I was definitely sad to see it go, but she served her purpose and I was gonna have to sink a ton of $ into it, and this is similar enough to keep the spirit alive.

#8 ·
Also, taking *** out to lunch in a bit here to check it out, after not hanging out for over a year and working in adjacent buildings for like 5 months now. My fault, not his.

#15 ·
Beautiful. I kind of wish I'd traded my mustang in for an RS when I bought my Titanium, even if just for the AWD factor and Canadian winters. In any case I've also got an F150 so I'm covered there, but the RS just has that "zaz" factor to it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.