Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Mini Head Sale: Mesa Mark V:25, Marshall JCM-1H & JVM-1H, Fryette GP/DI, Jet City 22H

FS 
3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 ·
Mini Head Sale: Mesa Mark V:25, Marshall JCM-1H & JVM-1H, Fryette GP/DI, Jet City 22H

These are all incredible amps that I have spent many happy hours with, but it's time to find them new homes as when I am playing at home, I am playing the Hot Rod 25. All prices shipped CONUS. Might consider trades but trying to downsize for a potential move.

Mesa Mark V:25

You know what this is. A huge-sounding, versatile, portable, and loud head. 2 channels, 3 modes per channel, reverb, 5-band EQ, 25/10w power switching, built-in DI, beautiful cleans, aggressive crunch, and more fluid gain than you'd really need, in a 17 lb. package. Bought from Boots-Paul ages ago and have put quite a number of hours on it.

Comes with footswitch and head cover. One tear in the tolex in the front upper right corner. Looking for $1100 shipped CONUS.

Marshall JCM-1H (1W JCM800)

A very authentic pint-sized JCM800, except one watt (switchable down to 0.1w) so you can crank it and play it at home. Will get "that sound" at conversation level if you want. Has a button for "Silver Jubilee" mode which adds a bit more gain. Of all of the amps, this would be the hardest to let go; I reserve the right to pull this one from the listing. Limited edition, long out of production and getting harder to find.

Mint condition. Looking for $800 shipped CONUS.

Marshall JVM-1H (1W JVM)

Hilarious amounts of "modded Marshall" gain, at any volume level (one watt switchable down to 0.1w). Has a "resonance button" so it will chunk-chunk in a super satisfying way, and an FX loop for all your delays and phasers and reverbs. 2 channels, but that gain channel is where it's at. Limited edition, also long out of production and hard to find.

Mint condition. Comes with footswitch. Looking for $600 shipped CONUS.

Fryette Valvulator GP/DI (1W Fryette/VHT amp (Deliverance, etc.) with recording features)

Great-sounding, versatile, one channel 1w tiny tube amp head/direct recording box that has that tight Fryette saturation and does the tight metal thing on down to modded Marshall to warm cleans; has "Pittbull" and "Deliverance" modes based on Fryette's big amps and a "clean" mode that's really versatile and sounds great with pedals. Two interactive gain knobs, a "power amp sag" knob, master volume, dummy load, cab simulator, all the inputs and outputs (including XLR, 1/4", and a headphone amp with effects loop for the headphone out). Will also output your un-effected guitar signal for reamping if you want. Really versatile piece of home jamming/recording gear (although it sounds great driving a 4x12) that sounds incredible on guitar and bass.

Mint condition (never left the house). One of the Kickstarter models, signed by Steve Fryette. I waited quite a while for this and you don't have to! Comes with Fryette GP/DI carry bag, looking for Xxxx shipped (Fryette has these for $800 on their website, but they're unavailable right now).

Jet City JCA22H

Basically a budget SLO with EL84s (2 channels, effects loop). Sounds amazing and pretty close to my Hot Rod 25; shockingly close at lower volumes. Has the "improved" FX loop that is in the Hot Rod (versus the one in the SLO that doesn't always play nice with pedals). Sounds great at home and jam levels. Bought from the RJM guy years ago and have dragged across the city to jams and rehearsals and it hasn't let me down.

Has a few marks that are very hard to see but in great condition overall. Comes with footswitch. Back panel needs longer wood screws to stay attached so I've been using it without, but the panel is included. Looking for $300 shipped.

See less See more
#3 ·
Man, those Mosh-Alls are tempting... if I had the extra cash I'd be buying one right now... if you still have em when I flip my latest guitar project, I'll probably hit you up.

#10 ·
Yeah, I needed to clear out some space! Having second thoughts about some of these though (clearly) as they're all awesome little amps, and getting harder to find.

#11 ·
Any sound clips of the Jet City? And, where can I find all the specs on it? Does it give you great tone at low volume or is it one you have to at least wake the sleeping baby to appreciate?

#13 ·
I don't have any, but there are loads on YouTube.

It's 2 channel, one that goes from AC/DC to Iron Maiden, and one that adds a pile of gain on top of that. Shared EQ. EL84 power tubes and a shitload of 12ax7s in the preamp. Effects loop too. No reverb.

Like most tube amps it sounds better with volume (mostly Fletcher-Munson stuff) but you can get great sounds at conversation levels. Really great amp, and few things will get close at this price.

#14 ·
Any sound clips of the Jet City? And, where can I find all the specs on it? Does it give you great tone at low volume or is it one you have to at least wake the sleeping baby to appreciate?
I don't have any, but there are loads on YouTube.

It's 2 channel, one that goes from AC/DC to Iron Maiden, and one that adds a pile of gain on top of that. Shared EQ. EL84 power tubes and a shitload of 12ax7s in the preamp. Effects loop too. No reverb.

Like most tube amps it sounds better with volume (mostly Fletcher-Munson stuff) but you can get great sounds at conversation levels. Really great amp, and few things will get close at this price.
Cool, so this is essentially the same as the 333 badged one?

#16 ·
FWIW I had a JCA20H for a time, modded with a second channel (like the 22H now), and it was able to scream well over-top my loud drummer at the time.

I think I bought it from Donnie (what else is new), and then sold/traded it to Dave?

#19 ·
Grab it, and a used Two Notes Product Of Your Choice, and have the tone of the gods completely silently*.

*except for the sound of the pick on your strings, and the huge shit-eat'n grin you're going to have...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.