Status
Not open for further replies.

Regarding Paypal Gift

INFO 
Tags
gift paypal
4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  1 
#1 ·
Plain and simple. Everyone knows why sellers will require Paypal Gift for payments, so I don't need to point out the reasoning behind it. That said, this is from an advisor at Paypal:

Not really, as using the Gift option is simply that, a gift. If someone is asking you to pay for an item using the Personal Gift option this is wrong as they are trying to avoid paying the transaction processing fees. If you do pay the person, you are not protected in any way, shape or form. And there's the possibilty that you will not get the item either.
One more time:

If you do pay the person, you are not protected in any way, shape or form.
Keeping that in mind, going forward on this site ANY ad posting a paypal gift requirement will be deleted by the staff without warning. So you people who are keen on copy/pasting from other sites, you'll need to keep that in mind if you're going to post your gear/guitars/etc for sale here.

Note that I am not saying "Everyone on MG must pay fees!". I'm saying that if you want to arrange something with a seller regarding a sale, do it in PMs or emails. If you post something here requiring Paypal Gift as a requirement, it will be deleted. It's up to you to cover yourself on the internet, so be smart about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.