Any interest in a weekly Peer Pressure thread? [Archive] - Metalguitarist.org

View Full Version : Any interest in a weekly Peer Pressure thread?

7 Dying Trees
05-18-2019, 06:39 PM
As above, anyone interested? Aim would be to take a song/bits you have, and each week finish at least 1.

Could do the song a week points structure as well.

The song a week is pretty brutal, and I've been struggling, so be good to do something a bit different, or run this in between seasons, or stagger it.

Any suggestions on rules? Feedback? How long it should run for?

7 Dying Trees
05-18-2019, 06:40 PM
And can someone edit the title as 0 = p as I've typed this on phone and fucked it up 😂

Iron1
05-18-2019, 09:06 PM
That might be interesting - I was thinking we needed a "Best of the Rest" challenge, where we take the songs we don't feel we really finished from SAW and improve them, and/or take some and cannibalize them for new songs... definitely untapped challenges to be had here.

budda
05-18-2019, 09:10 PM
Another spin could be song/riff in an alternate tuning per week. Everyone gets the same open tuning to try, and see what happens.

This post brought to you by a Robert Fripp interview.

Joe
05-18-2019, 09:32 PM
When I read the title I thought it was going to be peer pressure to buy more guitars. I was thinking damn I donít need that shit. Lol

7 Dying Trees
05-19-2019, 05:40 PM
When I read the title I thought it was going to be peer pressure to buy more guitars. I was thinking damn I don’t need that shit. Lol
Nor do I!

Another spin could be song/riff in an alternate tuning per week. Everyone gets the same open tuning to try, and see what happens.

This post brought to you by a Robert Fripp interview.
To be honest, we'd need more people doing the song a week thing, which already is where anyone can jump in and out per week. Could add a random "extra point for a song in the style of X" bonus maybe, but that'd be for that thing.

That might be interesting - I was thinking we needed a "Best of the Rest" challenge, where we take the songs we don't feel we really finished from SAW and improve them, and/or take some and cannibalize them for new songs... definitely untapped challenges to be had here.
This is pretty much the intention. Try and finish a song per week, whether it's cannibalising two into one, or just finishing that track you wrote 5 years ago

Iron1
05-20-2019, 10:51 AM
This is pretty much the intention. Try and finish a song per week, whether it's cannibalising two into one, or just finishing that track you wrote 5 years ago

Then, yes, count me in. Would make a nice gap-filler between SAW seasons.

Jumpintofinity
05-20-2019, 03:10 PM
Then, yes, count me in. Would make a nice gap-filler between SAW seasons.

Ya sometimes I write and record a simple chord progression with a couple of layers of sounds, get stuck and then come back 2 years later and epically complete it.

astrocreep
05-20-2019, 08:07 PM

Sounds good! Hopefully real life will settle down a bit and I can start to play again.