Continue Cover a week? New Song a week? Or both [Archive] - Metalguitarist.org

View Full Version : Continue Cover a week? New Song a week? Or both

7 Dying Trees
10-28-2019, 10:56 AM
As per title!

Just seeing how we're feeling about both of these, and what everyone would prefer. I think both cater to different sets of people, but with some overlap. so, place your votes!

Iron1
10-28-2019, 11:52 AM
I say both. I love the SAW and really dig seeing so many others get into the CAW challenge. Maybe even expand it to Lead a Week so the folks who are primarily lead players can put down some killer leads, too.

Mr. S
10-28-2019, 01:07 PM
I wish I could do the SAW, but it's much easier for me with my limited free time to bash out a quick shitty cover. I'd still say both as I like to think that I'll someday have the time to join in with the SAW threads.

Not Mr. Test
10-28-2019, 01:19 PM
I listen to almost everything people post, even though I have fuck all for time to contribute anything myself. :lol:

I prefer SAW but both are badass. :yesway:

7 Dying Trees
10-28-2019, 02:33 PM
Both is fine by me, if that's the consensus, then that can happen. I know I can't do both myself (entry wise) as keep running out of time (and hence also me being crap at posting week results lol)

Lead a week sounds like a cool idea actually, if someone wanted to run that, that could be fun, just have a backing track (wav format) that's posted up every week, and then people submit their leads over it?

Would need someone else to run though, as I'm finding it chaotic enough (given my general poor organization) to run 1 let alone 2 ha!

Connor
10-28-2019, 04:19 PM
I'm torn, because I've enjoyed both but it's legitimately really tough to find time for one or the other, let alone both.

I do love the idea of Lead a week, despite my poor lead playing :lol: I'd be willing to contribute a backing track for people to use if we do end up doing it :metal:

Nick
10-29-2019, 11:50 AM
I said both but I have no preference. Right now I am probably more into covers as it forces me to play stuff and learn things I dont already know. SAW I cant really be arsed with writing anything for right now.

Markus
10-29-2019, 01:22 PM
I like both, but if they're ongoing at the same time I'd only participate in one at a time.

scole
10-30-2019, 12:35 AM
I voted for both but would only personally participate in the SAW since I’ve never been good at learning covers. The CAW does bring in other members that normally don’t/can’t get in on the SAW so that’s a good reason for keeping that one going.