Lead a Week [Archive] - Metalguitarist.org

View Full Version : Lead a Week

7 Dying Trees
10-28-2019, 02:38 PM
Iron1 suggested a Lead a Week to go with the Song/Cover a week sessions

Now, I wouldn't be able to run it, but generally the format would be:
- post up a backing track (wav file) + tempo (so it can be imported into cubase or whatever)
- submissions come back as the backing track a lead over it (or leads)

So if someone is willing to run it, and backing tracks can be decided upon, then that could be pretty cool for lead players (plus you'd have to play over stuff that's different from the usual)

Anyway, anyone willing to run it? You'd have to find + post up a backing track every week, keep score etc, but it could be pretty cool :)

Venator
10-28-2019, 03:11 PM
There's like a million backing tracks on Youtube. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard.

Iron1
10-29-2019, 10:47 AM
I voted yes, although I might very well be the worst lead player in the history of bad lead playing... which is why none of my SAW entries have leads. :lol: I did a few in studio on demos back in the 90s that took me bare minimum a dozen takes to pull off and literally couldn't play them ever again. When we played live, I tried to duplicate one of them one time and it was a complete disaster. :lol: But, maybe this will force me to grow - and use my Imperium neck pickup...

7 Dying Trees
11-02-2019, 11:49 AM
Anyone want to run this? Would involve keeping score every week, posting up the track etc.

Iron1
11-02-2019, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't mind, but may need some help on where to get backing tracks. Was thinking maybe run a different sub-genre each week.