Backing Track (Lead a Week) submission thread [Archive] - Metalguitarist.org

View Full Version : Backing Track (Lead a Week) submission thread

7 Dying Trees
06-07-2020, 02:29 PM
Once I hyave 10 backing tracks contributed, I'll start the song/cover/lead a week again.

Use this thread to express interest, or to force others to realize they can contribute!

budda
06-07-2020, 06:05 PM
People who can actually make various metal backing tracks, get 'er done!

Because I can't make a metal backing track :lol:.

Haven't played guitar much the last week, but I'll get one or two tracks done this week.

Markus
06-07-2020, 07:26 PM
What's the criteria in terms of length?

Don't think there is one. "You Suffer" by Napalm Death is perhaps a bit short, but otherwise anything goes. I personally often have problems coming up with leads that are longer than a minute or so, at least if there aren't clear changes in the feel of the backing track. I at least wouldn't mind some shorter tracks as well.

7 Dying Trees
06-07-2020, 08:05 PM
1minute in length seems to be good

budda
06-07-2020, 08:20 PM
I have not improved any solo chops since the last round :lol: but I can make some tracks :yesway:

budda
06-12-2020, 01:28 AM
Sent a couple over.

budda
06-26-2020, 08:35 PM
Just me then? :lol:

budda
07-12-2020, 10:14 PM
Bump.

7 Dying Trees
07-13-2020, 03:33 AM
yeah, just you :( but i haven't got them :/ PM me, but so far, contributions are like really thin on the gorund

Markus
08-15-2020, 06:28 PM
I might now be able to contribute to this now that I can't do anything but sit at home due to my achilles tendon rupture.

Iron1
08-15-2020, 07:57 PM
I might now be able to contribute to this now that I can't do anything but sit at home due to my achilles tendon rupture.

OW!! Just OOOWWW!! Man, hope it heals quick, I've heard those are nasty painful.

I can write some riffs people can solo over, just don't know all the mystical, magical theory mumbo-jumbo that someone who actually knows anything about leads understands when doing so. Also, couldn't we just pull stuff from older submissions (with owner of said songs permission, obviously)

Markus
08-16-2020, 07:53 AM
OW!! Just OOOWWW!! Man, hope it heals quick, I've heard those are nasty painful.

I can write some riffs people can solo over, just don't know all the mystical, magical theory mumbo-jumbo that someone who actually knows anything about leads understands when doing so. Also, couldn't we just pull stuff from older submissions (with owner of said songs permission, obviously)

Thanks. It hurt, but it wasn't incredibly painful. The thing that sucks is that it will take a LONG time to heal fully (even more than a year), and I might be walking on crutches for a pretty long time, possibly a few months.

I agree that it might be a good idea to use some of the SAW tracks from the previous seasons. I can check if some of the ones I made could work if I remove the leads.