Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Top Gear's 'The Stig' actually revealed.

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Kevan 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Something to that liking, yeah.

#14 ·
At the end of the show, they have "Schumacher" driving around in the old Suzuki Liana (their old "reasonably priced car") and he's doing stuff like hitting cameramen and getting lost on the track. It ends with Clarkson going "Wait, maybe Michael Schumacher ISN'T the Stig after all!"

Also, while the lap time with the FXX is amazing, it shouldn't be on the board. The FXX does not follow the Top Gear criterion, as it is:
-not a road car (Ferrari keeps them at their factory and brings them to the track for the owners)
-not a production car (only 30 were made as a special "limited run"
-could not go over a "sleeping policeman" (speed bump)

#15 ·
I think the big thing everyone is missing here, no way in hell could the BBC afford to pay Schumacher to be The Stig. If they wanted an ex-F1 guy, I'd be more inclined to say Damon Hill personally.

The Express did reveal one of the past Stig's identity over the weekend (they featured his house) but I can't remember who he was.

#16 ·
:agreed: If they're cutting the annual salaries of Jonathon Ross -- their highest paid host -- they're not going to have the money to have Schumacher for something like 12-13 episodes of a series, it would mean one hell of a commission and with the current state of things they're not likely to do that lol.

#17 ·
Supposedly its really this guy, Ben Collins.

However, they reckon its been a few people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.