T2 : Revenge of The Fallen [Archive] - Metalguitarist.org

View Full Version : T2 : Revenge of The Fallen

MFB
06-24-2009, 07:08 AM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

I just went to the 12:01 showing and my god, it was fucking awesome despite what ANYONE else has told you. The UK crowd got to see it 2 days ago (you smarmy cocks) but seriously, it's so fucking good. Shia LeBouf DIDN'T fucking ruin this one. So many robots fucking destroying shit left and right and you know, you KNOW, you love to see it. Bigger, better, badder, everything is insane and the story line was pretty unique and well done. I mean, I sure as fuck didn't see half the shit coming - well at least the first half, then some of it became connect the dots and I figured out some pieces.

Megan Fox : :yesway:

Josh
06-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Awful, and amazing. I alternated between cringing horribly and geeking out with awesomeness. I don't know whether I really liked it or not, although it definitely lacked a lot of the charm of the first one.

The awesome:
-Prime destroying all kinds of shit.
-Jetfire was awesome.
-Megan the Fox.
-Prime ripping the face off of not one, but two transformers.
-Hot chicks in general.
-The new Corvette looks badass.
-Prime destroying all kinds of shit with two swords.
-Actual dialogue between Starscream and Megatron.
-Prime destroying all kinds of shit.
-SR-71 Prime
-Soundwave
-Explosions, fire, guns, and Megan Fox running towards the camera in slow motion.
-Prime destroying all kinds of-- you get the idea.

The bad:
-Painfully predictable
-Fucking Mini-Cons are stupid
-Totally neglected to introduce Jolt, and I missed Sideswipe's introduction
-Horribly paced
-Some really terrible acting
-Did they really have to bring The Matrix of Leadership into it?
-The horrible roommate
-The movie should really be renamed to: Transformers 2: The AMERICAN ARMY: FUCK YEAH, WE HAVE MONEY TO BLOW ON MARKETING!

The hilarious and or puzzling:
-If it's so easy for Optimus to destroy the fucking machine, why did the Primes sacrifice themselves to hide the Matrix instead of taking it apart themselves after driving the Fallen away?
-Why did Devastator have balls?
-Why not use the chunk of Allspark to just revive Prime flat-out?
-Audi obviously didn't pay enough money for product placement, as the R8 (notably the only non-American car in the film) didn't make it past the first action scene.
-MetBank and Cisco, on the other hand, must have gilded Bay's giant iron testicles.
-Saturns really have incredible crash safety ratings and drop resistance.
-What happened to the hot computer programmer chick from the first film?
-Megan Fox's outfits are surprisingly dust and dirt resistant, at least until she absorbs Sam's blood, sweat, and grease

More will be added later as I remember. For now though sleep, as I have been up and running about for 26 hours.

MFB
06-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Sideswipe was introduced in Shanghai during the first contact, but he's pretty quick. They also have a commercial of his intro as well - just as awesome.

Spoiler #3 -

I don't think it was necessarily "easy" for him to destroy it, it just took the shit load of power that came from him and his fusion with Jetfire so it seemed easy maybe?

Spoiler #4 - Because it's directed at easily amused American audiences who'll laugh at that kind of stuff

Spoiler #5 -

Because there was no more All Spark shards remember? The one that was stolen was used on Megatron by the Decepticons, and then the other shard was used on JetFire to revive him - so therefore all 2 shards used up

Josh
06-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Spoiler #3:
It took two shots from a Prime boosted by a non-Prime to destroy the thing. I can't imagine that a couple of the MOST POWERFUL TRANSFORMERS EVAAR couldn't have done it themselves just as easily. I dunno, thought it was kinda dumb.
Spoiler #5:
Why not use it on Optimus first, and totally skip the Jetfire bit, and the flying out to Jordan bit, and so on/so forth? Sure, he became "necessary" later in the plot, but they could have had Optimus back quickly and instantly without all the ridiculous loss of life, even though Jetfire was awesome. That's how I was expecting them to bring him back anyways, and not have to bring the Matrix into it.

MFB
06-24-2009, 05:58 PM
I was thinking the same thing for #5 and it seemed like they did kind of beat around the bush for it but I thought the movie was good :shrug:

Kevan
06-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Wait.
I thought I already saw T2!

But it was called "Judgement Day".
And Megan Fox was only 5 years old when it came out.

MFB
06-24-2009, 06:39 PM
I knew someone would pull that out :squint:

eleven59
06-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Wait.
I thought I already saw T2!

But it was called "Judgement Day".
And Megan Fox was only 5 years old when it came out.

:agreed: I thought the same thing.

...do you think she was just as hot when she was 5?

Josh
06-24-2009, 07:53 PM

:jj:

Jeff
06-24-2009, 07:57 PM

No, but JJ did. :rofl:

Vegetta
06-26-2009, 06:02 PM

DOWN JJ :scream:

I havent seen it yet but my buddy here at work saw it and really liked it.

I liked the first one ok tho the first 30 min or so of it was pretty bleh...

Chris
07-03-2009, 05:02 PM
YouTube - The Rude Awakening of Optimus Prime

Kevan
07-03-2009, 05:11 PM
"Not literally."

Josh
07-03-2009, 05:23 PM
^:rofl:

stealthtastic
07-03-2009, 07:02 PM
I thought it was alright, the plot was kind of boring, but the action was really intense :yesway:

Claude
07-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I really liked it personally. My only complaint is the annoying as fuck room mate; besides that it was a really fun watch and a well spent 5$.

I loved the battle between Prime and the Decepticons in the Forest.

"I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!"

:metal: badasss

Jeff
07-03-2009, 07:48 PM
This is fucking cool:

YouTube - Transformers; Voices

Peter Cullen FTMFW!

Can you imagine going through the drive-thru with that voice?

Chris
07-03-2009, 08:11 PM
^ :yesway:

MFB
07-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Fucking goosebumps from that shit

Jeff
07-03-2009, 09:32 PM

I know, Cullen's voice is amazing. All the other characters could have been someone else and it wouldn't have mattered too much, but Prime just has to be Cullen.

MFB
07-03-2009, 09:35 PM
I think that may be one of the reasons I loved it that much more was that his voice is just chilling and actual gave Prime feeling

xXxPriestessxXx
07-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Saw it last Sunday with Randy. The battle in the forest was epic! My major issue with it was length. The story could have been moved along a lot quicker than it was so it seemed to drag at times to me.

distressed_romeo
07-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Now...who else thinks we need Unicron in the third film?

Josh
07-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Now...who else thinks we need Unicron in the third film?

NO. I do not want to see Michael Bay murder Unicron just like he murdered Devastator. Unicron needs to stay where he is: in childhood nostalgia/80s lovable cheese, as the last thing Orson Welles ever did.

According to my Transformers uber-geek fan friends, Bay's already said no to the idea of Unicron... but who knows what will happen. After this film, I'm not very hopeful anymore :(

The Dark Wolf
07-13-2009, 07:40 PM

Yup. That's crazy.

MFB
07-14-2009, 03:11 AM
Yup. That's crazy.

Is that a "Yup, you're crazy" or "Yup, you're right it is crazy how goosebump inspiring Cullen's voice is"?

The Dark Wolf
07-14-2009, 03:15 AM
It's a "Yup, you're crazy that I'm crazy for you and crazy Cullen has crazy vokills that produce crazy goosebumps now kiss me crazy." ;)

MFB
07-14-2009, 03:26 AM
:wub:

10 days till I'm in Ohio my man

Chris
10-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Watched this last night. If you disregard the fact that Michael Bay is crapping all over the franchise that I knew as a kid, you end up with a decent movie that's got about 45 minutes of useless plot filler in it.

Still fun to watch, but just like the first one this has zero re-watch value to me, other than the scenes with Megan Fox in them being hot.

Josh
10-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Watched this last night. If you disregard the fact that Michael Bay is crapping all over the franchise that I knew as a kid, you end up with a decent movie that's got about 45 minutes of useless plot filler in it.

Still fun to watch, but just like the first one this has zero re-watch value to me, other than the scenes with Megan Fox in them being hot.

I still utterly hated it. Maybe if I saw it a second time I won't hate it quite as much, but I don't think I'm gonna even bother to try.

And this is coming from a Transformers fan.

Pravus
10-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I hated it too.

Partly my fault for expecting so much, but I still think it failed to deliver.

Arbiter
10-21-2009, 08:07 PM
to quote Ebert
"I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it."
He's not talking about Transformers 2, but I think it fits. I saw this movie for free at an advanced screening, and I still felt completely ripped off. It was an absolutely horrible flick, probably one of the worst movies I've seen in my life.

I wish I could put it on my list of "movies I've started watching and never finished because they sucked so bad" (currently only Dune, Fast and Furious, and Final Destination have this distinction) but this one I suffered through all the way to the retarded ending.

And I really liked Transformers 1, retarded michael bay moments and all.

Pravus
10-21-2009, 08:14 PM
to quote Ebert
"I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it."
He's not talking about Transformers 2, but I think it fits. I saw this movie for free at an advanced screening, and I still felt completely ripped off. It was an absolutely horrible flick, probably one of the worst movies I've seen in my life.

I wish I could put it on my list of "movies I've started watching and never finished because they sucked so bad" (currently only Dune, Fast and Furious, and Final Destination have this distinction) but this one I suffered through all the way to the retarded ending.

:agreed:

I would rep you for that, but I've given out too much in the last 24 hrs apparently :ugh:

Josh
10-21-2009, 08:50 PM
to quote Ebert

Totally, 100% agree on all counts. Including liking Transformers 1.

Pete
10-22-2009, 02:34 PM
I think if they make a Transformers 3 it should feature Megan Fox nude throughout the entire movie. :yesway:

If I want to see anything good relating to the actual Tranformers, I'll just watch the kickass cartoons from the 80's.

Pravus
10-22-2009, 03:04 PM
I think if they make a Transformers 3 it should feature Megan Fox nude throughout the entire movie. :yesway:

If I want to see anything good relating to the actual Tranformers, I'll just watch the kickass cartoons from the 80's.

:agreed: :agreed: :agreed: :agreed: :agreed: