FS 2000 B.C. Rich USA Mockingbird Supreme [Archive] - Metalguitarist.org

View Full Version : FS 2000 B.C. Rich USA Mockingbird Supreme

Dee Jay Drugs
06-23-2010, 01:11 PM
(Removed)

Well, I guess someone took issue. Oh well.

‹berschall
06-23-2010, 02:06 PM
:welcome:

Chris
06-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Ask yourself: If you were shopping for a guitar, would you send $1700 to someone with one post, no references, and a gmail address?

Elysian
06-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Ask yourself: If you were shopping for a guitar, would you send $1700 to someone with one post, no references, and a gmail address?

And the name DJ Drugs

Dee Jay Drugs
06-23-2010, 02:40 PM

Well, I would try to figure it out for myself, I guess. I'm sure there things people can do to figure out if someone is on the level. The axe is on ebay at the moment, if anyone wants to look at it.

I don't really get the gmail address comment. Does anyone want any of my school addresses?

2000 B.C. Rich USA Mockingbird Supreme - eBay (item 200486615851 end time Jul-02-10 09:59:21 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200486615851&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_530wt_1137)

Based on my current professional circumstances, ripping people off would be very financially unrewarding. I would have a lot to lose.

Anyway, chances are I actually know some people on this board personally; I likely went to Berklee with them. I ran into WarriorOfMetal at a music store over the weekend - I'm selling the axe to finance a custom build of a guy he hipped me to.

Dee Jay Drugs
06-23-2010, 02:41 PM
And the name DJ Drugs

It's "Dee Jay." :-)

And there's a funny story behind it.

Chris
06-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Yo Adam, want to buy my first run John Petrucci special one-off 8 string picasso paint JEM with solid diamond inlays? $3500, just shoot me an email at [email protected]!

Chris
06-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Well, I would try to figure it out for myself, I guess. I'm sure there things people can do to figure out if someone is on the level. The axe is on ebay at the moment, if anyone wants to look at it.

If I'm trying to sell something, I make it as easy as possible for anyone interested to find out what they need and feel comfortable about the purchase. That's the job of the seller.

I don't really get the gmail address comment. Does anyone want any of my school addresses?

GMail is free and completely anonymous. I could make [email protected], have you send me $1700 and then just ignore the account forever. Free email address services have no background check, and are by and large a haven for spammers.

It's nothing personal, but I have a website to run, and when people show up, say nothing, post a rare guitar for a high price and use a free email account and make no attempt otherwise to introduce themselves, the post gets removed. This is a music community, not Craigslist.

Again, no offense, but put yourself in my shoes.

Josh
06-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Hint: Dee Jay, we are a tight-knit community of metalheads, and we don't like people just signing up to sell shit. If you introduce yourself and become a part of the community, sure; but we don't appreciate the forum being used like another Craigslist or eBay.

Dee Jay Drugs
06-23-2010, 02:58 PM
If I'm trying to sell something, I make it as easy as possible for anyone interested to find out what they need and feel comfortable about the purchase. That's the job of the seller.

GMail is free and completely anonymous. I could make [email protected], have you send me $1700 and then just ignore the account forever. Free email address services have no background check, and are by and large a haven for spammers.

It's nothing personal, but I have a website to run, and when people show up, say nothing, post a rare guitar for a high price and use a free email account and make no attempt otherwise to introduce themselves, the post gets removed. This is a music community, not Craigslist.

Again, no offense, but put yourself in my shoes.

Hey, you're the admin. My philosophy may differ, but you're the one making the rules.

If you want to see the guitar, it's in Newton. :cool:

Dee Jay Drugs
06-23-2010, 03:00 PM
we don't like people just signing up to sell shit.

To ask an honest question, why? It's not like I'm selling lawn furniture, and filling up the classified section with ads for such furniture.

It's a BC Rich, at metalguitarist.org. Perhaps metal guitarists might be interested in such a thing?

Stitch
06-23-2010, 03:04 PM
To ask an honest question, why? It's not like I'm selling lawn furniture, and filling up the classified section with ads for such furniture.

It's a BC Rich, at metalguitarist.org. Perhaps metal guitarists might be interested in such a thing?

Hint: Dee Jay, we are a tight-knit community of metalheads...

If you introduce yourself and become a part of the community, sure; but we don't appreciate the forum being used like another Craigslist or eBay.

This is a music community, not Craigslist.

Chris
06-23-2010, 03:04 PM

Since you're a metal guitarist and I have your email address, would you mind if I had every single new post in this forum forwarded automatically to you? ;)

Dee Jay Drugs
06-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Since you're a metal guitarist and I have your email address, would you mind if I had every single new post in this forum forwarded automatically to you? ;)

Well, I wouldn't like it, to be fair.

Chris
06-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Well, I wouldn't like it, to be fair.

:lol: Neither would I! :D

Dee Jay Drugs
06-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Well, I could have a long debate about the radical subjectivity of value, but then again...

Chris
06-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Well, I could have a long debate about the radical subjectivity of value, but then again...

We've got a finance forum here, and Drew, the other admin, loves it when people post in there, so by all means go to town! :dio:

Dee Jay Drugs
06-23-2010, 03:36 PM
We've got a finance forum here, and Drew, the other admin, loves it when people post in there, so by all means go to town! :dio:

What, and provoke mass suicides? (I'm very bearish)...

PS that was a joke, but I still make Roubini sound like Irving Fisher.