Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Rig Cleanup Pt 2: New Gadget Day (56k=I'll let you slide this time)

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Regor 
#1 ·
I went into a Circuit City near my house which is closing down, and came across something very cool that would suit my purposes perfectly for tidying up my rack a bit more.

So anyways, It looked like this in the back of my rack:

I recently had to buy a 3-outlet adapter to plug all my Dr. Ferd's wallwart removers into (Too many plugs, not enough outlets on the Furman).

And in order to power those cool sound activated multi-colored USB light bars that I have on the front of my rack rails, I have a wallplug-to-USB port adapter, with a 4 port USB hub plugged into it.

Well, that's a bit cluttered IMO. So I happened to come across this little gadget by Belkin, which was only $21 after discounts:

3 outlets, 2 USB

So I was able to replace all of this:

With this:

And now look how much cleaner the bottom of the rack is:

/fin.

See less See more
#7 ·
Its not too late. But shop around. The ones I got have a separate backing that snaps into place, so you can easily remove the light from the mounting to change the batteries, AND, the best part is that the lights will swivel AND rotate. So basically you can get it to point anywhere in the rig you need.

I've got one in my top rack and bottom rack.

EDIT: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94254

#13 ·
The Sylvania Dot-It puck lights are smaller and feel like they're better quality than these ones, and i'm pretty sure they use higher-wattage LEDs, so even though they only have three LEDs, they're pretty damn bright. They have swivel versions now too, and linear swivel ones as well.

You can find them pretty cheap if you shop around. I just did a quick look and Amazon has a six-pack of them for $32.

#16 ·
Thanks Vince. Yeah, I got lots of flashy stuff in my rig. But that's the nice thing about a rack... you can pull it off!!

The only thing that could make my rack better at this point (That I can think of), would be to get a custom power supply to get rid of the wall warts altogether. I've looked into it, but because the ADA has such a stupid power supply, I'd have to go custom which will likely cost an arm and a leg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.