Metal Guitarist Forums banner

FS UK Jaden Rose Series 2 7 String Hardtail

6K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  jdguitars 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a brilliant guitar and i love playing it, but i've finally decided that this 7 strings just arent for me so ive decided to let this one go to a better home.

I beleve it is a African sapele mahogany body, Canadian rock maple neck with sapele headstock and it has had a Dimarzio pickup upgrade.

Anyone in UK can collect from either Birmingham or Nottingham or i can sort out a courier for around £25. Anyone international that wants a postage cost just PM me.

Send me an offer if you are interested

eBay ID is oddments-2008

See less See more
#2 ·
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Linux armv7l; rv:9.0) Gecko/20111216 Firefox/9.0 Fennec/9.0)

Sorry, dude, but you gotta list a price if you want to list a classified ad.

#7 ·
Hi,
wtf is African sapele mahogany.

because as far as im aware many unscrupulous people will attempt to trick less knowledgeable people into thinking that Sapele (Entandrophragma cylindricum) is actually Genuine Mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla)

unless Jaden Rose has discovered a species of mahogany unknown to science you may want to ask for a refund from who ever sold you that African sapele mahogany. Because UK retail law clearly states when you buy something it has be accurately described by the vendor.

Sapele mahogany my ass.

#10 ·
This is not particularly ok either. There's a way to ask a question and make a point, and there's a way to ask a question and make a point like an asshole, which is what you are doing.

There's no call for being such a dick about it, though your point is a valid one.

#11 ·
Sapele is often described as part of the mahogany family in a broad sense by a ton of people, so it's hardly anything new or an evil plot to disguise what the wood actually is, especially when 90% of guitars in the market claim to have "mahogany" bodies and / or necks when they do use sapele, agathis, etc.. It's trivial guitar company sales pitch, and I find it quite more serious when the actual wood is but a vague description that, in short, is actually untrue.

African is merely a statement of provenance, which I can confirm, as I have a good knowledge of how Jaden sources the wood. When the wood is actual African Mahogany (such as the Spider 8-strings unless ordered otherwise), the description states it as such.

Regarding the unethical post about the looks, I won't lie: these pics are doing you no favours! :lol: Shooting good pics is a better way of showing what you are selling for what it is, and these portray the guitar in an ugly way! ;)

#14 ·
Anyway, allow me to further clarify how the Meliaceae AKA "the mahogany family" include the diverse mahogany trees (South American, African, yadda, yadda), as well as sipo, sapele and a few others:
Meliaceae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not dissing anyone saying "it's not mahogany!" or saying I find the broad usage of the family a very positive thing, but truth is that laymen (99,9% of guitars unquestionably are) will attempt to find general terms to classify wood and have a certain tonal expectation (even though it is often wrong). It's like saying a guitar is made of "ash". Which "ash" in the family, exactly?

I hope you don't mind my interference, but I fail to see much of a point in raising formal wood species classification issues in what is pretty much a way to tell someone who has no idea as to what Sapele or Sipo are, for instance, what family they belong to.

Also, take better pics already! Haha!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.