Shred Training lesson stuff [Archive] - Metalguitarist.org

View Full Version : Shred Training lesson stuff

Maniacal
11-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi all,

I got permission from Chris to post this, thanks Chris!

Anyway, my name is Jonathan Strange and I am a music teacher from the UK.

I have written 2 instructional books as well as posters and more recently, play along lessons.

The play along lessons include GP5, GP6, PDF and MIDI files and focus on technique and scales/chords/arpeggios. The idea is, you learn the exercises and then just play along to the Guitar Pro or MIDI files. They are like practice routines written out for you, just follow along daily and improve. I have written beginner and intermediate routines and have just started writing the advanced routines.

There is more information on my website regarding my instructional products:
Store | ShredTraining.com (http://www.shredtraining.com/store)

As I am currently writing new play along lessons, I will use this thread to update my progress.

Cheers

Daniel
11-11-2012, 11:17 PM
oh wow that looks pretty sweet, thanks for sharing this with us. :yesway:

MetalJim
11-12-2012, 01:51 AM
Your books are great, man. :yesway: I will have to get the play along beginner bundle soon.

jdonegan
11-12-2012, 02:33 AM
I have the beginner book and it's great :yesway:

Maniacal
11-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the comments guys.

I have just added the first Advanced workout to the store.

Alternate Picking Part 3

Maniacal
11-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Here is a brief clip of the advanced picking routine

Picking play along 3 - YouTube

Maniacal
11-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Update: I have been informed by my website guy that the download store should now work for people in the US too. Please let me know if it doesn't work. Thanks!

Spectre
11-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Wow--cool stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Maniacal
11-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Hey all,

I have just 10 copies of Riff Training Level 2 left to sell.

Once they are gone it is unlikely that I will get anymore books printed. Going to become a hitman instead.

So, now is your chance to get it.

The bundle deal is still available:

Store | ShredTraining.com

Thanks

Maniacal
11-23-2012, 10:01 AM
All intermediate routines are now done

Store | ShredTraining.com

You can buy the intermediate BUT I will need to send you the files in an email after the transaction due to a file limit on my site.

So in the intermediate section we have:

Harmonic Minor Part 1 - this covers Harmonic Minor, Locrian #6, Ionian #5
Harmonic Minor Part 2- this covers Dorian #4, Phrygian Dominant, Lydian #2, Superlocrian
Legato Part 2 - continues from Part 1, faster, harder sequences etc
Major Modes Part 3 - this covers all of the major modes as well as chords and arpeggios all over the neck. This one is essential for all guitarists IMO.
Melodic Minor Part 1 - covers the first 3 Melodic Minor modes
Melodic Minor Part 2 - covers the last 4 Melodic Minor modes
Melodic Minor Part 3 - covers all 7 melodic minor modes
Picking Part 2 - much harder than Part 1, wider strings skips, faster etc
Sweep Picking Part 2 - includes arpeggio inversions, seventh arpeggios, practice pieces, speed exercises etc
Tapping Part 1 - an introduction to the way I tap (holding picking with thumb and index and using middle, ring and baby fingers to tap). This is by far the most logical way to approach tapping as you can still keep the pick in your hand. Covers basic exercises, arpeggios, scale sequences etc. THIS IS A VERY HARD ROUTINE.

You can use these 10 routines to very easily make a reliable practice timetable for the week. When you can play all of these routines you are ready to move onto the advanced routines (which I am currently working on). Do not skip the mode routines, neck knowledge is THE most important thing about being a good improviser IMO.

The bundle is just 14. Not bad considering this has taken me over 120 hours to put together. And if you were wanting an email routine written it could cost double that.

Maniacal
11-23-2012, 03:31 PM
I also need some testimonials for my website, so if any of you like my books/downloads please PM me a testimonial and I will put in on my website. Thanks