Cobra Kai
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cobra Kai

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Cobra Kai

Has anyone else watched this? I was home sick a couple of days this week, so I signed up for a free one month trial of YouTube Red and binge watched all ten episodes. It's absolutely fucking awesome. I love how they flipped things around, since you now get to see things from Johnny's point of view. Both Johnny and Daniel wind up being far more complex than the simple good guy/bad guy dynamic of the first movie, and it strikes a great balance between corny nostalgia jokes and modern relevance. Absolutely worth the watch.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Fender Telecasters
    MA: Emerald X20 Artisan
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Mk IVa / Hartke HyDrive 2

They did publicity shots in my dojo in Manhattan 2 weeks ago, but the students weren't allowed to be there.

All these pics are in the Seido Honbu on 23rd St. in Manhattan. If you scroll down to the video, you can see Kaicho Tadashi Nakamura in the background at about the 0:42 mark 9th Dan, founder of the style, living legend
    YouTube Red Hopes This Karate Kid Revival Series Becomes Its Own House of Cards – Adweek

Everyone I've known in my karate life has wanted one of those cobra Kai gis too No one rooted for Macchio lol
    "Oh, those jazz guys are just making that stuff up!" - Homer J. Simpson

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: HD500

I've heard great things, but as someone not living in the Land of the Free I don't have access to YouTube Red. I haven't looked into what other options they have for this one yet, but I know other Red shows the only options were buy individual episodes for too much money, or "find" it elsewhere

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RGs
    MA: Cordoba Custom Flamenco
    MB: Ibanez SRs
    Rig: 5153 / Kemper

My friend was just pestering me to watch this during our last rehearsal praising the show for the same reasons as OP.

I'll definitely be checking this out.

ME: Gibson
    MA: Fred Welker
    MB: Jazz
    Rig: ENGL/Fender/Marshall

I watched the free episode they were pimping and it was alright but i'm not paying for Red for that

I've got to many damn subscriptions as it is with Prime and Netflix....plus cable TV...FFS
    The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No.” ― Alan Moore

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

My friend was telling me about this yesterday, the teaser looked great so I am gonne try the free month too.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: Suhr Modern
    MB: EBMM Stingray 5
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by eleven59 View Post
    I've heard great things, but as someone not living in the Land of the Free I don't have access to YouTube Red. I haven't looked into what other options they have for this one yet, but I know other Red shows the only options were buy individual episodes for too much money, or "find" it elsewhere

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: HD500

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Basically I never feel bad about it when companies (aka their lawyers) region restrict things. If the only option you give me is awkward, annoying, or more money than it's worth, expect people to go elsewhere.