MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

LONE WOLF McQUADE

Where can I find this masterpiece?

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

I just want to point out, in case you missed it amidst the other glorious things going on... That's a dude shooting an M60 on top of a humvee that's ramming a bulldozer in mid-air. With explosions.

Fuck yes.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I just want to point out, in case you missed it amidst the other glorious things going on... That's a dude shooting an M60 on top of a humvee that's ramming a bulldozer in mid-air. With explosions.

Fuck yes.
    I'm checking out the soundtrack now, because I figured from the aesthetics it might be an Ennio Morricone kind of spaghetti western-esque/italian exploitation film thing, which I am super into.

The soundtrack does indeed kick ass. I'm like, two minutes in, but it is lulling me into a false sense of security with an ominous whistling solo right now.

The amount of balls you have to have to start any piece with a whistling solo is immense. Spaghetti western as fuck.

It's actually by the guy known to fans of Spaghetti Westerns as "Ennio Morricone before Ennio Morricone was Ennio Morricone". The more influential, earlier dude with less name recognition. Who also did the soundtrack for, according to wikipedia, "Nazi Love Camp 27".

Paradoxically, all the most over the top patriotic ultra American films were made in Italy. If you look at the dude's credits it has the original Inglorious Basterds, "Arizona Colt", and at least 2-3 of the really bad spaghetti exploitation Escape From New York/Mad Max rip offs that were in fashion at the time.

If they left Americans in charge of the posters and soundtrack it would look like this.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

The final fight is the fucking goods too. Braddock beating up Cain from Kung Fu who's inexplicably wearing a cardigan sweater.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The final fight is the fucking goods too. Braddock beating up Cain from Kung Fu who's inexplicably wearing a cardigan sweater.

I'm just disappointed there isn't a character played by Powers Boothe. Setting a cop movie in Texas and not having Powers Boothe as a villain is an immense mistake. David Carradine is a legend, but that role is pretty much written for Powers Boothe. You can't have a cop movie in Texas and not have Powers Boothe at the top of your list.

Although I checked the credits just to make sure Powers Boothe doesn't appear, and apparently at the time he was filming a movie with Rutger Hauer in which the entire plot literally revolves around him stealing Bald Eagle eggs. Which I also somehow did not know about til today.

Have you seen the one where Arnold plays a Texas Border Cop who is "too old for this shit"?

The Trump administration has probably unfortunately killed the idea of Texas Border Cop movies with south of the border villains as a good idea for at least a decade. Luckily, there are already a shit ton.