Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Amazon's "The Boys"

Tags
amazons boys
7K views 83 replies 20 participants last post by  dbwells 
#1 ·
Couple episodes in and it's already the best thing I've seen this year. Karl Urban is fantastic in it (especially when he is throwing around "cunt" with reckless abandon). More than makes up for the fact the underrated Judge Dredd movie he did wasn't popular enough to turn into a franchise.

#40 ·
:agreed: I wish they'd just release all the episodes all at once like they did with Season 1. I'm also all caught up with the episodes released so far, but the weekly releases are annoying me. I get it for shows that are actually shown on broadcast television channels, but I do not get it at all for streaming shows on platforms like Amazon Prime Video and Hulu (I don't mention Netflix since the only shows updated weekly that I've seen on Netflix have just been from television channel broadcasts).

#44 ·
It's certainly moving at a much slower pace than Season 1. I'm enjoying it, but not nearly as much as I did the first season.

The part where Homelander uses his laser eyes to kill hundreds of people looked like things were going to go absolute batshit crazy, but then it turned out to just be a fantasy/daydream of his.

I was hoping that Black Noir was coming to team up with Billy Butcher, but nope. It just kind of sizzled out after he destroyed Butcher's aunt's house.

#45 ·
I think we’re an episode or two behind. I concur with season 2 being a bit slower but not painfully so. I dig the Aya Cash addition and I’m curious where they’re going to take her character.

And stupid me just had to fucking read Naren’s spoiler. I only read the first couple words and quickly scrolled away. Anxious to see this, but the wife is gone on a business trip for a few days so I’m just going to watch the Eric Johnson Total Electric Guitar DVD I got last week and masturbate profusely to it.

#62 ·
My favorite show on TV at the moment. We get my daughter in South Carolina on Facetime on Friday nights and synch up the start of the show and watch it together. It's such a blast, and of course everything and everyone is a cunt when the show is on as well. "You going to the kitchen cunt? Can you get me a seltzer please?" :rofl:

Every episode this season has just gotten better and better, it's in a class by itself in my house.

#75 ·
:agreed:

Karl Urban was incredible in all of the final scenes with Homelander and Ryan.

Super satisfying to watch Stormfront get her face stomped by the girls.

I was surprised by the Senator being the head-exploding supe. I know plenty of people probably thought of it before, but I hadn't. Good twist.

They spent so much time making Deep even more useless and unlikable that I'm surprised they never gave him any kind of closure or redemption, guess they're saving something for S3.

Also, for all the Dark fans:
Did the pendant Butcher gives Ryan look familiar?

#76 ·
While I can say that Season 2 isn't as good as Season 1, the second half of the season was so good that it definitely has me rearing for a Season 3.

One thing I remember the author saying was that he was going to make The Boys way more extreme and offensive than Preacher, but I think that Preacher is actually more extreme and offensive. But it probably comes down to personal sensibilities. The Boys is definitely gorier and they both gloriously pull off that irreverent "offensive" feel (I thought the recap at the beginning of the season finale pulled that off amazingly). That said, I love both series (comics and live action shows).

I will say, though, that I actually expected Homelander to kill Stormfront after she flipped the car that Ryan and his mom were in and I was a little surprised when it was actually Ryan who killed Stormfront. And yeah, it was very satisfying watching all of the girls stomp Stormfront. While I've always considered Homelander to be the most dislikeable character in the show, he actually doesn't seem like he's evil at his core, whereas Stormfront does seem evil at her core.

#77 ·
you almost felt for Homelander at times. The scene in the cabin with Ryan after the restaurant was really touching. I was convinced at that point Ryan was going to die because of stormfront, and then cause homelander to flip out and kill everyone - especially after Starlight and Hughie were listening to Good Die Young in the car earlier. I was convinced that was some foreshadowing.

#78 ·
So, I thought that last episode was boring until it wasn't, and then it really wasn't :lol: Yeah, I felt a bit bad for Homelander as well, but what can you do. It did seem like the next season will be a lot different, because they tied up a lot of storylines. Fingers crossed.
By the way, I just had a laser installed in my left eye Saturday to replace the glass one, and I can't wait to Homelander somebody with it :)

#79 ·
Oi, cunts, what a splendid finale!

Awesome season. Even though it started a good bit slower than season 1, but it really took on in the later episodes. In any case: Homelander-dude kills it in every scene, and so does Karl Urban.

My highlights:

Mobile phone Mobile device Telephony Portable communications device Communication Device

"Where's me boy." <3 Butcher's dog being called "Terror" made me laugh, in a good way.

The Deep and A-Train are the most worthless fucks ever.

Stormfront (should have seen that coming with that nickname) being the Nazi Grandma was a seriously good turn, and how they implemented it in current day politics - up to the point of being an actual critical parody of society (they did that all the time, but not to this extend) - was imho extremely well executed. From "thoughts and prayers" to right winger memes up to white goenice and "they still love hwat i say, they just dont like the word "Nazi".."

Billy: remember what I told you.
Ryan: don't be a cunt.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez being the head-exploder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.