Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Amazon's "The Boys"

Tags
amazons boys
7K views 83 replies 20 participants last post by  dbwells 
#1 ·
Couple episodes in and it's already the best thing I've seen this year. Karl Urban is fantastic in it (especially when he is throwing around "cunt" with reckless abandon). More than makes up for the fact the underrated Judge Dredd movie he did wasn't popular enough to turn into a franchise.

#9 ·
I'm only a couple episodes in myself, but it's really good. I was aware of the graphic novels, but mainly just that it was "a dark anti-superhero story with a tone kind of like Preacher." I mainly started watching this because of Karl Urban, and it really hasn't disappointed. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

It was an entertaining movie, but nothing amazing. That said, it was totally worth watching entirely because of how good of a job Karl Urban did as Dredd. I was hoping they'd make more Karl Urban Dredd movies, but unfortunately it was just the one.

#13 ·
I watched a couple more episodes tonight and this series just keeps getting better and better. I have to say it's probably the best "new series" I've seen in 2019. I haven't finished the first season yet, but I can't imagine the quality dropping in the remaining episodes.

#14 ·
I watch essentially no TV, but I keep seeing previews for this, and it actually looks kind of awesome. :lol: Free to anyone with a Prime account, right?

#26 ·
I love the fact that Ennis took the storyline completely outside the comics so it's a totally different storyline. :D Someone mentioned before that it's a dark series, but it's more just absolutely over the top toilet humor and violence. The storyline is amazing, but with characters like Love Sausage....yeah. If they bring in the team of rejected nice heroes, it's going to be really rough ride.

I was a little disappointed Tek Knight didn't make an appearance trying to have sex with every inanimate object and/or hamsters.

#28 ·
According to Karl Urban's social media, they're already halfway done shooting season 2, which is insane to me. The writers must have already had it written out for at minimum the first two, and Amazon greenlit S2 before 1 even premiered, so I guess they're going all in on this one.

#37 ·
The girlfriend insisted on bringing a TV with her when she moved in, so we started this to have something new to watch. It's actually really good, in ways I didn't really expect - both more gratuitous and over the top than I expected, but also a lot more... human, I guess, and relatable? I'm either 7 or 8 episodes in, just far enough to have seen firsthand why Billy Butcher really hates Homelander, and it's been a lot of fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.