Amazon's "The Boys" - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Amazon's "The Boys"

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The girlfriend insisted on bringing a TV with her when she moved in, so we started this to have something new to watch. It's actually really good, in ways I didn't really expect - both more gratuitous and over the top than I expected, but also a lot more... human, I guess, and relatable? I'm either 7 or 8 episodes in, just far enough to have seen firsthand why Billy Butcher really hates Homelander, and it's been a lot of fun.
    Oh, you're just getting to the good stuff. Enjoy the ride.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Loved season 1, two episodes into season 2 and it's just dragging. Hope it improves.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Loved season 1, two episodes into season 2 and it's just dragging. Hope it improves.
    Concur.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

It's certainly moving at a much slower pace than Season 1. I'm enjoying it, but not nearly as much as I did the first season.

Spoiler
    The part where Homelander uses his laser eyes to kill hundreds of people looked like things were going to go absolute batshit crazy, but then it turned out to just be a fantasy/daydream of his.

I was hoping that Black Noir was coming to team up with Billy Butcher, but nope. It just kind of sizzled out after he destroyed Butcher's aunt's house.

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

I think we’re an episode or two behind. I concur with season 2 being a bit slower but not painfully so. I dig the Aya Cash addition and I’m curious where they’re going to take her character.

And stupid me just had to fucking read Naren’s spoiler. I only read the first couple words and quickly scrolled away. Anxious to see this, but the wife is gone on a business trip for a few days so I’m just going to watch the Eric Johnson Total Electric Guitar DVD I got last week and masturbate profusely to it.
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

This show has had at least three of the most disturbingly hilarious sex scenes in the history of TV. It is slower than the first season, but it would almost have to be.

Spoiler
    "Fuck it!

Good Boy!"

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

I'm not clicking any spoilers since I've only seen the first two EPs this season. Homelander still steals the fucking show every scene he's in.

I don't give a shit about the deep anymore. :\

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    I don't give a shit about the deep anymore. :\
    I hated him in Season 1. Now I'm more just like... meh. I don't like him or feel sorry for him at all, but I don't despise him like I did during Season 1... which is in a way kind of similar to just not giving a shit about him. I wouldn't really care if he was just killed off.