Metal Guitarist Forums banner

The Righteous Gemstones (Danny McBride/Adam DeVine/John Goodman/Walter Goggins)

733 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  GentleHands McCoy 
#1 ·
I legitimately didn't think I was going to re-activate my HBO subscription on Prime after GoT ended, but I finally caved. I fucking loved Vice Principles, and that's everyone that was in Vice Principles and then some. The premise of a send up of Televangelism is impossible for me to resist too. John Goodman is obviously always killer in any preacher type role too.

I mean, yeah, Danny McBride is playing fundamentally the same character as in Eastbound and Down and Vice Principles, and Adam DeVine is playing basically the same character he played in Workaholics, but that doesn't stop it from being funny as fuck.

Haven't caught up to where it is currently, only on the second episode, but from the preview stills of Walter Goggins character I assume it's going to be a doozy.

The Tony Cavallero dudes character is also funny as fuck.

See less See more
1 1
#3 ·
Yeah, the line up is insane. The cast is awesome all around.

Walter Goggins still steals literally every scene he's in. The series doesn't really pick up until he gets introduced.

It's also dark as fuck. The Danny McBride shit routinely gets darker as he goes on, and Vice Principles was already really fucking dark, but this looks like it will outdo it.

Also, I gotta say, good on John Goodman for doing it. Considering the premise right off the bat is going to alienate a lot of American viewers, and a lot of the viewers it is going to alienate are Roseanne's target audience. :lol: Although it's obvious given his past roles, that pretty much any "corrupt christian pastor" role is literally written to be played by John Goodman.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.