Metal Guitarist Forums banner

The Irishman

Tags
irishman
2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  1 
#1 ·
Amazing movie, fantastic acting all through but the three big names really stand out. Pesci is really, really good here. Well worth the 3.5 hours from start to finish.

#2 ·
I've been wanting to watch this and I have it in my list, but I can't just sit down and watch a 3.5 hour movie unless I've got, like, half the day free. :lol: I normally am a film purist who hates to watch part of a film and come back to it later -- I HAVE to watch the whole movie in one "sitting" (in the figurative sense, since there's no way you're not going to the bathroom during a 3.5 hour movie)... but I might make an exception for this one. It looks good, but 3.5 hours is a lot. :lol:

#5 ·
We watched it in 2 chunks, no choice really. But we saw both pieces without distractions which was tough in a house with 3 kids between 18 & 21 and their friends in and out all the time. There's no point in trying to do something else while it's on, it requires attention.

#8 ·
It's got a 96% on Rotten Tomatoes and a 94 on Metacritic, which are both insanely high and a lot higher than the vast majority of Scorses's films, so that reviewer's definitely in the minority. :lol: I haven't seen it yet, so I can't give my opinion, but that article hasn't dissuade me from watching it.

#9 ·
I started watching it the other night. I fell asleep well before it was halfway. Yes, I was tired before starting it, but from what I've seen I tend to agree with the Post's review. It was strange watching the cgi on De Niro, and also, kind of boring. Maybe it gets better, I don't know, but I'm in no hurry to try again.

#16 ·
IDK, I really liked it. :shrug:

#19 ·
Took me 2 days to get through it. Ugh. Watching an old man struggle through life at the end of a 3.5 hour movie is just cruel.

No, strike that. Putting an additional 30 minutes of 4 old guys talking about the making of the movie after the 3.5 hour movie was cruel.

Great actors and director of course. Just looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnng.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.