The Expanse - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Expanse

ME: RG550
    Rig: Axe-Fx Ultra

I'm halfway through season 4 and it's awesome so far, although I'm not liking the recasting of Avasarala's husband.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    I absolutely loved the style of Altered Carbon, though the story itself was maybe above average but nothing too amazing.
    The show is fine, but like Chris, I liked the book version better, even if I didn't care much for the writing style. I found each chapter just dropped you into a conversation between characters you hadn't met yet, then later told you who they were. I found myself re-reading chapters which made for a much slower read, but the story was great.

As for The Expanse, I thought it was coming next week to compete with The Witcher, I'll have to check out season 4. My wife and I have watched all 3 seasons to this point and it's a great show.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The story is a lot better in the books (which is always the case) but I'm right with you on the style of the show. They really did a great job with that dirty noir feel to it, where even the futuristic stuff feels dirty and run down. Very Blade Runner-esque.
    Yeah, I'm watching it, too. The visuals are stunning, and James Purefoy is always a pleasure to watch - that man can seriously act.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Mark V / Axe-3 / Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yeah, I'm watching it, too. The visuals are stunning, and James Purefoy is always a pleasure to watch - that man can seriously act.
    Yeah I'm a fan of him too. He RULED as Mark Anthony in Rome, and I think I'm the only person around who liked Solomon Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Valtteri View Post
    I'm halfway through season 4 and it's awesome so far, although I'm not liking the recasting of Avasarala's husband.
    I've only watched Episode one, but my belief still stands that Avasarala, Amos and the Drummer character (that's really Pa from the books) are carrying the show at this point.

Yeah I'm a fan of him too. He RULED as Mark Anthony in Rome, and I think I'm the only person around who liked Solomon Kane.
    He was also fantastic in The Following.

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

I wanted to like Solomon Kane, though. I thought James Purefoy did a great job in the role, at least, even if the movie was really boring.

No I loved it too. I wish they'd make a sequel, but I don't think it'll happen.