The Expanse
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Expanse

ME: DC727
    MB: SR505

The Expanse

Season 4 just dropped on Amazon, I'm excited to get to it this weekend. I got into the series late, but I was hooked after the first few episodes and binged the three available seasons in about a week. I'm considering reading the books since I enjoyed the show so much.

Anybody else watching?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

I haven't watched any of the show but (not to be that guy) I've read all of the books. Super addicting stuff, I know Mike has read a ton of them too. They aren't ground breaking or To Kill A Mockingbird or anything, but they're definitely fun page-turners.

If you're into sci-fi, The Lost Fleet series is the same type of stuff.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/41101-the-lost-fleet

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

I've read the whole series, and they're awesome page turners for sure. Season 4 will be interesting since some very pivotal shit is about to go down

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

I've also been watching the Altered Carbon series on Netflix while I'm on the treadmill lately. Only a few episodes in and it's not too bad.

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

I absolutely loved the style of Altered Carbon, though the story itself was maybe above average but nothing too amazing.

The Expanse has been in my list for a long time now (along with other stuff like Mr. Robot), but I just keep watching other stuff. I definitely need to check it out sometime, though.

ME: DC727
    MB: SR505

Sounds like I'll have to check out Altered Carbon myself.

Mr. Robot was pretty cool, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    I absolutely loved the style of Altered Carbon, though the story itself was maybe above average but nothing too amazing.
    The story is a lot better in the books (which is always the case) but I'm right with you on the style of the show. They really did a great job with that dirty noir feel to it, where even the futuristic stuff feels dirty and run down. Very Blade Runner-esque.

ME: RGA 121 & SLSMG
    Rig: Blackstar Stage 60

I fucking love the Expanse. I’m on book 3 and I’ve watched the first 3 seasons, plus the first 2 of season 4. I’m totally hooked and it’s overtaken BSG reimagined as my favorite sci-fi franchise.

Altered Carbon starts really strong, but like Naren said, the plot is a little lackluster. Super engaging universe rife with RPG idea pilfering; The Expanse is included there too.

Mr. Robot is super rad as well, though I’m not a programmer, so some of that stuff went right over my head.