No Mandalorian thread? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: No Mandalorian thread?

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    This season reminds me of the first two Witcher books. A series of short stories to introduce characters, situations, and the world to you, then an epic and more in-depth story once you're more familiar. Let's see what season 2 holds, because season 1 is just a series of short stories so far. Awesome ones, very reminiscent of quests in RPG games, but short stories for sure.
    Glad I wasn't the only one who got that read, the whole, "You start with shitty armor, but you earn the good stuff as quest rewards." structure was cool.

Of course, in terms of Star Wars super fan level griping, no one was thrilled that they invented the whole "Beskar Steel" thing, since it was called "Mandalorian Iron" for fucking ever.

They tried to retcon it and say, "Technically they refer to the same thing" and if you go look at Wookiepedia they've amended it to, "Beskar Steel, also known as Mandalorian Iron". They did that with lightsaber crystals too.

But considering one of Star Wars main weaknesses is giving names that sound stupid for things, I couldn't get stoked on Beskar Steel. Especially when, narratively, it makes more sense to call it by its other cooler name, instead of introducing more stupid sounding shit for people to keep track of.

And before anyone says, "That's just autism spectrum fanboy griping, all fictional universes give unnecessarily stupid names to regular things", allow me to remind you that the only musical genre explicitly mentioned by name in the Star Wars mythos is "Jizz". Not "Jazz", they couldn't just call is "Jazz". "Jizz"

More baffilingly, Disney recanonized Jizz. If I was Disney, literally the fucking first thing I would do upon decanonizing all the old EU would be like, "GUYS, I KNOW THIS SUCKS, BUT ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, THERE IS NO LONGER A MUSIC GENRE KNOWN AS JIZZ".

Nope.

I was actually super stoked to hear regular person words like "hell" in The Mandalorian, it's about time Star Wars stopped mucking things up by making up a bunch of stupid sounding names for stuff that already has better names.

The next time someone is like, "the whole midi-chlorian thing is so fucking stupid", lets just remember that the original trilogy had a musical genre called Jizz.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Also, another all time classic from "Star Wars giving cool things that already had cool names stupid names for no good reason".

"Thrawn" is like, a naturally cool sounding made up word. Like, Black Metal Stage Name cool.

But someday someone just barged intro the writers room and was like, "HEY GUYS, WOULDN'T IT BE COOLER IF THRAWN WAS ACTUALLY SHORT FOR Mitth'raw'nuruodo?"

"Thrawn" = cool sounding

"Mitth'raw'nuruodo" = sounds like a JRR Tolkien word for a Mithril Dwarf Toilet reserved for particularly nasty dwarf shits

ME: 80s Carruthers strat
    MA: 90's era Fender 12 string
    MB: Ibanez ATK300 (MIK)
    Rig: Danelectro Honeytone

Me and my boys are huge fans. Yes, wish they were longer episodes, but loving them still. Special props for the Death Trooper scene in episode 7.
    "40 is the new 80." - jaxadam

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Meh, not watching, too much else going on, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    A little surprised by that.

I've been watching this with my girlfriend.
    Full stop. Been seeing her long? Going well?

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Well she's on the couch cooing.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Well she's on the couch cooing.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Meh, not watching, too much else going on, but...

Full stop. Been seeing her long? Going well?

Since last September, though things didn't get serious till the start of the year (she's a doctor, was dealing with boards and a new job before then). Things are going pretty good, though - to come full circle - if she was forced to choose, I'm not positive I don't rank second behind Baby Yoda.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post

Since last September, though things didn't get serious till the start of the year (she's a doctor, was dealing with boards and a new job before then). Things are going pretty good, though - to come full circle - if she was forced to choose, I'm not positive I don't rank second behind Baby Yoda.
    You do realize what it means when a woman in their 30s coos over a baby, right?