Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Tiger King

Tags
king tiger
3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  d8200 
#1 ·
Anyone else watch this and trying to figure out which out of the 3 of the main interviewees is the most bat shit insane?

#5 ·
#6 ·
God damn, the speech Joe Exotic, looking like he just did a rail of coke, gives at Travis's funeral as his weeping family is watching is the most glorious thing I have ever heard. That shit is funnier than every fictional comedic movie I have ever seen. Up there with the Gettysberg Address and Aragorn's speech at the Black Gate in terms of eloquence, transcribed here in all its glory.

We're gonna try and make this not a day of mourning, but a day of celebration to celebrate the life of Travis Michael Maldonado.

We spent the last four years of our lives together and I asked him every day, I said "Why me?"

And he said, "Because God Put me here to make you smile, and that's my job"

And it didn't matter how stupid he had to get, of if I was sittin' there concentrating as hard as I could...on the computer to write a letter to a senator or congressman or something else he'd come and rub them balls in my face.

Everybody that works here knows exactly what I'm talking about. 'cause you've seen his balls.

They were like golden nuggets to that boy

#10 ·
SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER:

What I don't understand is how the guys who "conspired" against Joe or "set him up," how are they not charged for conspiring a murder before the Feds got involved? That part makes no absolute sense to me.

I gurantee all of these parks are just going to tank. Years I wanted to go the one in Myrtle Beach, S.C. and take my sister. Now I have absolutely no desire to go, with him being so weird with all the women and etc.

#11 ·
SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER:

What I don't understand is how the guys who "conspired" against Joe or "set him up," how are they not charged for conspiring a murder before the Feds got involved? That part makes no absolute sense to me.

I gurantee all of these parks are just going to tank. Years I wanted to go the one in Myrtle Beach, S.C. and take my sister. Now I have absolutely no desire to go, with him being so weird with all the women and etc.
I know a lot of people who praise big cat rescue in the past. Now it's like I dont think I would want to support them now.

#12 ·
Well this is crazy:

John (who seemed like the only normal guy besides "Prototype Scarface") claims in a interview with David Spade that Carol has ANOTHER MISSING HUSBAND. This is just nuts.

Go to 6:28. Apparently more episodes will come out potentially?

#14 ·
I think this is the first time I've binged something in at least a year or two, but I've been working 12-16 hours a day every day for the past 2 weeks (including weekends and holidays) and just finally finished that project. I thought I'd just watch an episode or two, but ended up binging the whole season in one sitting.

Like, seriously, there isn't a single likable person in the entire show. Well, some of them are less repulsive than others, for sure, but everyone is batshit crazy and most of them are highly suspicious (if not, pure evil :lol:). People like Joe and Jeff are ridiculously entertaining, though. :lol:

#17 ·
Not to sound like a hipster, but as I was watching this I felt like I'd seen this guy before. Turns out, Louis Theroux did a documentary on him about 7 years ago. There's not a huge amount more insight and the behaviour seemed a bit more muted at that point (although it could just be different editing and presentation styles).

One thing that he did was spend some more time with Tim Stark, the guy that has his own place and becomes a partner at the end. You get more of a sense of why everyone says he's so unlikeable, pretty unpleasant guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.