Metal Guitarist Forums banner

DEVS (awesome sci-fi thriller miniseries)

578 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Rev Drucifer 
#1 ·
This is an 8 episode miniesries by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihiliation, Dredd) came out earlier this year.
I don't have much time for watching series nowadays, but this i finished within a few days. Highly recommended.

#2 ·
I loved it. While it was on, it was the one show I would look forward to watching. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the main female lead as her acting was a bit amateurish, but loved everything else about it. Love Nick Offerman and will watch anything he does.

Another good sci-fi one that was cancelled for stupidity was Counterpart on Starz. Basic plot was some scientists fucked up and split the planet into 2 identical dimensions and could access both of them at will, but humans being humans created some issues and a war between each dimension was brewing. Despite having extremely high ratings and strong female leads, Starz axed it because it had more male viewers than female viewers.

#3 ·
Agreed on the semi pro lead actress.

Another good sci-fi one that was cancelled for stupidity was Counterpart on Starz. Basic plot was some scientists fucked up and split the planet into 2 identical dimensions and could access both of them at will, but humans being humans created some issues and a war between each dimension was brewing. Despite having extremely high ratings and strong female leads, Starz axed it because it had more male viewers than female viewers.
Man, that sounds 100% up my alley. Kinda "Fringe" like plot, still gonna check it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.