MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

The Haunting of Hill House / Bly Manor

Anyone else been watching these?

Season 1: Hill House

https://www.netflix.com/title/80189221

Season 2: Bly Manor

https://www.netflix.com/title/81237854

They are awesome. They're not particularly scary, they're more like a really tense, spooky whodunnit with shitload of plot twists and easter eggs. There are hidden ghosts in each episode, all sorts of cool shit you'll want to google after you finish a series.

Hard to talk about them without spoiling anything but definitely worth a watch.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

I watched Hill House when it first came out and really enjoyed it and added Bly Manor to "My List" when it was first added (2 weeks ago, I think?), but haven't had a chance to watch it. Hopefully soon, though.

Do you think Bly Manor is as good as Hill House? If it's as good or even better, that'll give me more motivation to watch it sooner than later.

ME: Charvel
    Rig: Imac/Apollo

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    I watched Hill House when it first came out and really enjoyed it and added Bly Manor to "My List" when it was first added (2 weeks ago, I think?), but haven't had a chance to watch it. Hopefully soon, though.

Do you think Bly Manor is as good as Hill House? If it's as good or even better, that'll give me more motivation to watch it sooner than later.
    I don't think it's better but it's still really good. Especially the very final scene. As with the first season keep your eyes peeled for ghosts in the background.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: SIggery Heresy,
    MA: Some old washburn
    MB: some Vintage bass
    Rig: Mark IV, axe fx std

I loved the first season, and actually thought it was pretty scary. The bent neck lady twist was good, and the man in the hat creeped me out

Were saving bly house for next weekend and will binge watch it in Halloween. Its also great to see Matthew holness in it, and I'll be looking out for any subtle dark place references
    I DOEN A BAD MURDA.

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

I loved Hill House, my wife was hanging on in desperation for Bly Manor to be released and we were both really disappointed. It's getting good reviews so we're clearly in the minority but we both thought it was slow (not in a good way), boring, not in the least bit scary and the characters were non-compelling. The kids were irritating as fuck and the guys Scottish accent was absolutely terrible. The narrators slipping between Queens English and Northern was bothering me all the way through, in the end there was a reason for it but it was still really jarring.

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    I loved Hill House, my wife was hanging on in desperation for Bly Manor to be released and we were both really disappointed. It's getting good reviews so we're clearly in the minority but we both thought it was slow (not in a good way), boring, not in the least bit scary and the characters were non-compelling. The kids were irritating as fuck and the guys Scottish accent was absolutely terrible. The narrators slipping between Queens English and Northern was bothering me all the way through, in the end there was a reason for it but it was still really jarring.

Agreed, it wasn't bad but was not in the same universe as the first one, I rematch the first one to cm fully confirm that.

Also yeah, the guys accent was fucking horrendous. Should have just dressed him in a kilt and bonnet and given him ginger hair and been done with it....

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post

I think I prefer the first season (though I'm not quite done with S2) just because the cast is a little more likable. It's not that the S2 cast isn't, it's just that the feeling of dread and tension never lets up in this one.

A few friends of mine didn't care for S2 because it's slow paced and not particularly scary (at all). It's a slow burn that personally I really like, especially because my life is so busy these days. It's a nice change of pace.

ME: Gibson Les Paul Std
    Rig: Orange OR120

Loved Hill House, started with Bly Manor already. The kids' acting is perfectly splendid.