Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Dark (Netflix series)

2K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  296 
#1 ·
This is seriously awesome, despite it's german-made (but available in english also, no worries). Highly recommended.

Here's a trailer for those that need "motivation", although i'd recommend to start it without reading/seeing anything in advance, not even the trailer. Every detail known in advance takes something away.

#3 ·
Necrobump - Anybody watching this? The third and final season is about to come out. I've gone down the rabbit hole and rewatched seasons 1 and 2 for the third time, still no idea what's going on, but I'm excited. I'm constantly blown away by the level of detail the writers put into the show. Also, the casting is amazing. Not only are the actors quite good but
they did a pretty incredible job getting people who look like the same person at differently ages.

#6 ·
Here's an excellent family tree I found on reddit.

You almost have to with this show.

Ya I've been waiting for season three. I like how at the end of season the end it "it's not where jonas is, it's where jonas is" and then a similar quote at the end of season 2 explains the time paradox.
The trailers for season 3 look nutty.
Look's like there's not only time travel but a second alt-world where Martha plays a role similar to Jonas, potentially becoming the "Eve" to his Adam.

Can't wait to see how they wrap it all up.

#9 ·
When I watched Season 2 when it first came out, I had to stop it after a few minutes and re-read a synopsis of Season 1 because I was so confused and couldn't remember much of it.

As much as I would like to re-watch seasons 1 and 2 before watching season 3, that's something like 17-18 hours of TV to watch, so will re-read a synopsis of the seasons if necessary (but I think I remember the plot better now than I did last year around this time immediately before season 2 came out).

I even wrote "Dark" on my wall calendar for June 27th about a week ago. :lol:

#11 ·
I love this show, I originally started watching it to improve my German listening/comprehension but got really into it.
Same :lol: At the time I was dating a girl who spoke German so I was pleasantly surprised by how great it was.

I'm really looking forward to the the third series, might have to binge rewatch the first two before the new one comes out.
Do it!

#15 ·
My god, I wish Netflix would fix their recaps. For one thing, if you press any button at all, they get skipped and you go directly to the first episode of the new season. People always say that you can find the recaps under "Trailers & More," but usually you can't. I wanted to start watching Dark Season 3, but when the recap started, the subtitles were in Japanese, and I wasn't about to watch the show with German audio and Japanese subtitles, so I pushed the "back" button, but that skipped the recap entirely. After I changed the subtitles to English, I checked "Trailers & More," but the only recap in there is the Season 1 recap. I rewatched it, hoping that they simply mislabeled it, but nope, it was the Season 1 recap just as labeled (ending with the final moment of the last episode of Season 1).

This has been a problem for years with Netflix. I've actually only rarely been able to see recaps for shows because trying to pause them skips them (and you can't go back). So annoying.

#24 ·
So I was originally planning on only watching 3 or 4 episodes last night, but I ended up watching every single episode except for the final one. The only reason I didn't watch that one was because it was already 2:15am, I had a decent amount of work to do today, and the final episode was about 1 hour and 15 minutes long and I didn't want to go to sleep at 4am.

So I watched the final episode tonight and I have to say that that was an excellent show from start to end. I had recommended it to my brother about two weeks ago before I knew that season 3 was coming out soon, but I feel even more confident in my recommendation now that I know the show doesn't pull a Dexter at the last minute (not that I expected that, but still...).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.