Metal Guitarist Forums banner

post your Picture(s) of the day

57K views 453 replies 63 participants last post by  jim777 
#1 ·
I photograph things so infrequently the 1/day limit was horrid so here are two!

See less See more
#34 ·
^ That's awesome :yesway:

#42 ·
I see Bombay Sapphire on that bar :lol: :yesway:

#44 ·
Taken yesterday, and also featured in my thread about yesterday, when all my troubles seemed so far away, now it looks as though they're here to stay, oh I took this pic yesterday.

#50 ·
That's wicked Justin :yesway:

Also, Mike I agree that the colours in that sky are awesome :metal:

#60 · (Edited)
Sure, they're part of the whole lo-fi/lomography film movement and you can pick them up on ebay for about $35-40 i think (search: Holga 120CFN), they're basically just a plastic box with a bottlecap on a spring for the shutter and a piece of plastic for the lens :lol: they're purposely cheaply made so that you get cool unpredictable results like light leaks, weird colors, vignetting, blurs etc ...in reality my shot up there isn't a good representation of the "Holga" style as it looks pretty normal as a photo. This is a bit more oldschool/holga'ish:

There are some cool shots on Flickr of Holgas using normal 120 film: Flickr: The Don't forget to take the lens cap off - A group for Holga users Pool

...and the group for people doing the 35mm sprocket shots with the Holgas: Flickr: 35mm Sprocket Holes

Holga info: Holga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To get that sprocket exposure effect though any medium format/120 film camera loaded with standard 35mm film will work, not just a Holga.

:metal:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.