A test video, and looking for suggestions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A test video, and looking for suggestions

ME: 1 of 2
    MA: "Smokey"
    Rig: Peavey XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Yeah buddy

What sort of content are you going for? Like, lesson type stuff? Cause, I need them shits

Nothing specific, just want to make videos and share them for fun and profit. It may be some guitar technique that I share, or something I fix on my car/truck. This weekend I'm hoping to replace the top on my convertible, and I'd like to document that and upload it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

More important than the Camera are the Lights. You can have a very good looking footage if the Lights are good. If you are serious about making it look nice then I would say to invest on a proper Light Setup, they aren't that expensive and trust me the will make wonders. You wont even believe you are filming with the Phone compared to what you have now.

Of course having a dedicated Cam is better, a DSLR and a Fast aperture Lens (1.8) will give you much better picture quality and footage that you can later on work more at ease on any Editing program.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies
    XBL: wildealien

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

Nothing specific, just want to make videos and share them for fun and profit. It may be some guitar technique that I share, or something I fix on my car/truck. This weekend I'm hoping to replace the top on my convertible, and I'd like to document that and upload it.
    Guitars and cars! Dig that!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by DonBot View Post
    Ken!

I have a decent camera and I use it simultaneously while recording into Reaper with either an amp plug-in or via an amp>interface then I sync them up in whatever video editing software I have. I think I have Filmora or some shit.
    I do this too, record live on my camera (I have a Nikon DSLR) and have my amp mic'd up tracking in Reaper, and then merge the audio and video in a video editing program (currently I'm on a Mac using Final Cut Pro which is probably way more than I need, but in the past I used Windows Movie Maker on a PC, which is free).

EDIT - and aw yeah, shred! Wheeeee!!!!!!

EDIT #2 - and, the video quality is actually not all that bad. Some better direct lighting might help with the graininess better than a better camera would. I'd rather hear this with better audio than anything.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies
    XBL: wildealien

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    EDIT #2 - and, the video quality is actually not all that bad. Some better direct lighting might help with the graininess better than a better camera would. I'd rather hear this with better audio than anything.
    If Ola's path to success has taught us anything, it's that better audio production is always better than better video production, though I suspect the two go hand-in-hand once the final product gets chewed on by Youtube

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

You know what they say about guys with big hands?

.... they make great guitar players.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: Buckethead Les Paul
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: Titan Custom

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

What brand/model camera do you have? Also, will you please find out the name/version of the software?
    I have a Sony DSLR. It's not a super high-end one. Maybe $400 or so? Don't know the exact model but it's decent enough. Has a flip screen so I can see myself, etc. For audio, of course it's Reaper. For video I use Filmora. I wanted something simple. Similar to Windows movie maker for ease of use but has some better editing and export options. I do have Adobe After Effects but you need like a double PHD to figure it out.